Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PC won't turn on T_T

Anodized

Default PC won't turn on T_T

My pc is acting retarted. It turns on and everything is honkey dorey but the monitor isn't getting any info. It stays blank and the button light stays amber/yellow. I don't use a video card and just use my mobos video output so theres no video card problem. I cracked the case open and all the cables are in securely. I turned it on again, crossed my fingers, and still nothing. I checked the front and to my confusion, only the red light was turned on. The green light stays off while the red light just stays on, not blinking or anything but just staying on. It's all odd since it was working just fine a hour ago...PLEASE HELP. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY PC!!:p :p lol.

tinfoil-underwear

Default Re: PC won't turn on T_T

LoL

1st, Welcome to TBCS!

2nd, are ALL the monitor's cables plugged in all the way in?

3rd, try and test that monitor on a second computer. Then, the inverse.

Let us know how that goes.
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Anodized

Thanks! Anyways, tried the montor thing. The monitors work great (had to lug one of them old school crtv or w/e they're called(friggen heavy!)).But still blanks on "retard" pc:p But before that, I took out my hard drives(removed all extrenal cables first) and placed them in front of the A/C to cool them off but when I put them back, the front lights won't turn on. I'm not worrying much since thats the first thing my pc did when I tried to turn it on in the first place (no lights). I'm gonna guess turning it on and off will bring me back to the red light stage since thats what happened last time....I'm getting so weaker....no pc goodness cept my brothers crappy year 2000 laptop....

Its strange that it just stopped working, have you tried your monitor on another pc and did it work? Did a different monitor work on your broken computer?

different monitor wire??

you could also try updating or reinstalling your motherboard drivers, software etc. Just search on Google, incase they are corrupted or something.

let me know how it goes.

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by xenosagarox View Post
    The monitors work great (had to lug one of them old school crtv or w/e they're called(friggen heavy!)).
    LMAO!
    Youth.
    Yeah, they're CRTs. Or CRT for short.
    And if you think that's heavy, just ask MintyMadness or Airbozo how much one of their monitors weight.
    They use a forklift to move 'em.

But still blanks on "retard" pc:p
    "Retard" pc. :p te he he

But before that, I took out my hard drives(removed all extrenal cables first) and placed them in front of the A/C to cool them off but when I put them back, the front lights won't turn on.
    LoL LoL LoL
    Why the heck did you remove them?
    Just asking... not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I remove my video card's RAM periodically and put it in the freezer for a while.... so it knows who's in charge. :p
    You're in TBCS?

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Anodized

Lol. I can't do crap on my pc. Nothing shows up on any monitor. I tried them on my brothers laptop and they work just fine (kinda cool to dual monitor ). Thanks for your help though. I'm about to throw the damn thing out the window....

tinfoil-underwear

Lol. I can't do crap on my pc. Nothing shows up on any monitor. I tried them on my brothers laptop and they work just fine (kinda cool to dual monitor ). Thanks for your help though. I'm about to throw the damn thing out the window....
    One fixable computer is better than no computer...
    Does it 'beep' or something when turned on?

There's always a hammer...
    You're in TBCS?

VP of Regional Sales for

I'm just sayin'...

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    LMAO!
    Youth.
    Yeah, they're CRTs. Or CRT for short.
    And if you think that's heavy, just ask MintyMadness or Airbozo how much one of their monitors weight.
    They use a forklift to move 'em.

LoL LoL LoL
    Why the heck did you remove them?
    Just asking... not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I remove my video card's RAM periodically and put it in the freezer for a while.... so it knows who's in charge. :p
    HDD lights not turning on. Desperate measures. HAha, though doing that to the ram might cause condensation to form on them, right?

Edit::
    Does it 'beep' or something when turned on?
    It never makes any noise.

There's always a hammer...
    I love my pc to much...better a quick death. :p

tinfoil-underwear

HDD lights not turning on. Desperate measures. HAha, though doing that to the ram might cause condensation to form on them, right?
    AHaHAHAa... cool cool

I'd guess condensation would form...
    I just threaten mine with calling on Chuck Norris, and condensation scurries away.
    w00t
    You're in TBCS?

VP of Regional Sales for

I'm just sayin'...

Anodized

I'd guess condensation would form...
    I just threaten mine with calling on Chuck Norris, and condensation scurries away.
    w00t
    Lol. Chuck norris. Anways, I just tried turnin my pc back on after removing the power cord from the pc 10 minutes ago. Still no lights. I can hear my sata and Ulra(wtf??)Ata drives spin up and when I power it off, it takes the sata drive 30 seconds to stop spinnin which is odd...Also, I don't have my drives in RAID format. I just have them hooked up to the pc(since they're two different drives anyways). On the Uata(?) one, I have it set to cable select. Could this be the problem? I added the Uata(?) one only 3 days ago and it was working fine. Maybe I should remove it for a couple of hours and throw it back in? But then all my 66.5 Gigs of movies and music would be gone.

edit::
    every time i turn it off, it makes a short beep noise. does that count? Plus, still no light
    Last edited by xenosagarox; 07-24-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Edit