Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PC won't turn on T_T

Default Re: PC won't turn on T_T

Actually, I remember CHIMERA posting that he cleaned his PC in a dishwasher. From what he said, as long as you let it completely dry before turning it on again, you're all good. COMPLETELY DRY.

I suspect you missed the ATX12V cable when you reassembled today. Doing my first build, I overlooked it, and the PC would turn on but I got no video or anything. Look for a hanging 4-pin cable from your PSU and hope that you didn't cause life-long damage turning it on without it plugged in.
    RIP Bucko

Anodized

I looked over my pc after reassembling my pc and sleeping for 14 hours, it seems to me that my pc seems to be reading from my flash card reader thing (something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820342001 ). Every time I turn on my pc, the drives green and red lights (read lights) turn on and stay on while my PCs front lights stay off. Any ideas?

unplug it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Start by unpluguing the Flash Card Reader.
    Go into your BIOS, seet the Boot priority to your HDD.
    if you have the option of: Boot from external component, from USB...blablabla... set it to OFF
    This should fix it. Retry, if everything work fine, replug your Flash card reader. ( Note to myself, get an external flash card reader, my internal's doing free games...)

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    "Retard" pc. te he he
    Now theres a mod but it will need to be Super Strong

You are not getting BIOS beeps (the beeps at startup) so there is a basic input output problem.
    (BIOS = Basic Input Output System)
    The BIOS is a chip that tells the computer how to start operating.

This comes down to:

Basic wiring problem or;
    PSU cooked
    MOBO cooked
    CPU cooked
    RAM cooked
    ONBOARD VGA cooked (but then you probably would get a BIOS beep)

DO what has been said above - use only one stick of ram in the first slot - no peripherals or add ons, take out the new HD and leave only the OS HD. Only plug in yr keyboard mouse and screen and power plug.

If it won't start then you have to start ruling out the major components one by one. If you don't have spares laying around get a friend to come over with his whitebox and rip the bits out of that. You may or may not want to warn him depending on how close you are and if you think the friendship is a long term one. It should all be done still with the minimum config as above:

PSU first
    RAM next
    Add in yr mates external video card next - see if your onboard graphics has blown - just connect the monitor to the card
    (though this would normally be indicated by BIOS beeps as its onboard it may have fried and is stopping BIOS without leading to the beeps - I've seen this before)

If you still aren't booting by this stage my guess would be that with all the friggin around you have blown your motherboard (onboard IDE or PCI/USB Controllers) or CPU. Only way you will work out which again is by testing in another host system. Then it's time to get on ebay and get a replacement part given yr financials.

Anodized

Hmmm, tried the removing all the extra crap junks, no go. Front lights still off. I will have to try the "getting a friend and frying his parts method" (lol). But most of my friends have laptops...So I'll have to hunt for cheap parts or just take my PC to my moms friend whos a PC genius. But I think it's time to replace ol' besty. She's getting outdated by everypassing second. Lol it was supposed to be a hand-me-down to my baby brothers. Looks like they won't be getting one soon. Thanks for all yours helps guys thus far, +rep for all ya that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by MintyMadness View Post
    EDIT1: I just thought to ask this.. you didn't by any chance plug your power button jumper in backwards when you reassembled, did you?
    A power button have no polarity...

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    A power button have no polarity...
    ... maybe CIA replacement powerbutton-microphones do?

it's just a theory

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    ... maybe CIA replacement powerbutton-microphones do?
    No no no... the CIA mics/power buttons DO have polarity... but they have a circuit to automatically route the power to where it should go.
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...