Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP HDX Notebook - ZOMG

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default HP HDX Notebook - ZOMG

I had heard of this a long time ago and saw that it was going to be a massive multimedia-desktop-replacing notebook. Its finally been released. Its got a 20" Widescreen (1680x1050), Full Size Keyboard, and many high performance options such as Intel Core 2 Duo X7800 2.6GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, nvidia 8600XT Graphics. It is supposed to compete with the dell M2010, and it does just that. You get far more performance for the exact same price. The only things I'd want from the dell would be the gyroscopic remote, the pop-up-slotloading drive and the detachable wireless keyboard. Since those are just gadgety, I wouldn't ever get the M2010 over the HDX and its performance. The stock configuration (Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM, nvidia 8600XT) got more than 9,000 in 3DMark 05.

Heres a link to it on the hp site.

I want one sooo bad, but there's about a million things need to get before it if I ever had $3000.

-Indybird

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

Default Re: HP HDX Notebook - ZOMG

If I had 3 grand, I'd grab a Macbook Pro 17" widescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

If I had three grand, I wouldn't have a minivan. lol

Still, thats a pretty cool laptop. I'd probably go for the Macbook series of laptops or the XPS series though. Something about that one that I don't quite like, can't really put my finger on it though. It might be that silver thing on the lid, maybe. But 20 inches of screen, thats insane! I've never had a monitor larger than 17, and that was with a desktop! lol

Heres some better pictures, I couldn't really get a good look at it on the website. Things weren't loading or something.

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3686
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Though the specs are on par w/ the Macbook, the Mac can't really do much gaming, which the HDX is more than capable of.

ATX Mental Case

If I had three grand, I wouldn't have a minivan. lol
    lol

i had a bad experience with HP laptops but it does look like a very nice machine

ATX Mental Case

i had a bad experience with HP laptops but it does look like a very nice machine
    I agree I've had a bad experience with everything HP it's like they put some kind of mileage chip in everything they build.

Its was kinda funny, my friend wanted to get a new desktop a while ago. Back then his parents didn't know me good enough to let me build him one. So I recommended that we order it of teh net. His dad didn't want to do that either. So, we went over to Circuit City and picked up a pretty nice HP Media Center for $1050. We set it up, and this exactly what I did:
    1) Uninstall all the bloatware (HP media center games, HP bloatware, Norton, blablabla)
    2) Get Firefox.
    3) Get Windows Updates

Once you do those three steps with your new HP, then you got a pretty nice computer...

-Indybird

Is awesome

That thing is freakin' sweet. Thank goodness for the HP employee discount! only 2500 for me... but that's never going to happen though.

Bloatware lol
    Dell is finally getting the right idea and not putting bloatware on a line of computers. But it's a "special" type of computer for "small business" and probably costs "a lot more". Oh well. That's the good thing about building your own, nothing but windows. Or linux, if you swing that way.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

On my daughter's HP I uninstalled everying but Audio and Video and that 1GB of RAM runs pretty smooth.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Is awesome

My 1gig of ram runs pretty smooth too.
    You love my sig.