Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread: Server Stuff

Default Re: Server Stuff

I can't ping it either, but it is resolving to 71.98.33.94. Another weird thing. If I type in www.arcanesystems.com, I can't hit your site. BUT, if I type in arcanesystems.com it comes up. It could just be that I'm at work though.

EDIT

Oh yeah, your site looks really good. I might hit you up for some pointers on getting the dynamic DNS working. I'm running Fedora 7.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    I can't ping it either, but it is resolving to 71.98.33.94. Another weird thing. If I type in www.arcanesystems.com, I can't hit your site. BUT, if I type in arcanesystems.com it comes up. It could just be that I'm at work though.

EDIT

Oh yeah, your site looks really good. I might hit you up for some pointers on getting the dynamic DNS working. I'm running Fedora 7.
    Wierd. I can get it with www.arcanesystems.com. Also, I don't know how much help I'd be with dynamic DNS, because my IP hasn't changed since I started this in July . I'm pretty sure it's never changed. For all I know, the FreeDNS service is doing nothing except slowing it down .

I still wish I knew why I can't ping mail.arcanesystems.com. I have a CNAME entry called "mail" pointing to "mail.arcanesystems.com" and an A entry called "mail" pointing to my IP. Isn't that how you do it? Have a CNAME point to an A? If not, that could be the reason. My MX Record is still fine... Speaking of which, what should any others be? 1 isn't very smart... Just like mail2.arcanesystems.com?
    RIP Bucko

Alright guys, so I gave in and got a paid-for account. I'm way to busy with life right now to work on this, and for $35, I got a year of service, 10 accounts, a gig of space each, spam protection, and 24/7 support. That being said...

IT'S LIVE! From this point on, you can register, post, and browse to your hearts content. And I urge you do so .

Also, if you do decide to join, give the registration email a little time. It wasn't immediate for my test user, so I doubt it'll be immediate for you.

Edit: Also, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at maleficus at arcanesystems.com. I'll try to help you on any Linux/tech/modding questions you have. That's the point of the site .
    RIP Bucko

Cograts!! have a +rep for the occasion!
    I just signed up BTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Alright guys, so I gave in and got a paid-for account. I'm way to busy with life right now to work on this, and for $35, I got a year of service, 10 accounts, a gig of space each, spam protection, and 24/7 support. That being said...
    Congrats +Rep on being up and running Mal. It really pays to shop around with hosting though. Just got this package for $60 a year at hostmonster.com :

300 Gigabytes of Hosting Space
    Host UNLIMITED Domains!!
    Unlimited Pop/Imap Email Accounts
    SSH Access (Secure Shell)
    3,000 Gigs of Transfer
    SSL, FTP, Stats
    CGI, Ruby (RoR), Perl, PHP, MYSQL
    Front Page Extensions
    Free Domain Forever
    Free Site Builder
    Best Support in the Industry

CrazyB

Man CrazyB, sounds like a nice package. For $3 a month, I'm happy with the email plan I got though. If only I could get fscking Thunderbird to work with it...
    RIP Bucko