Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Stuff

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

Default Re: Server Stuff

Mal, that 4GB hard drive makes the one in my mums old PC look like a luxury. (All 12GB of it. )

And, honestly CrazyB, expecting a 15 yr. old to do the dishes. waaaaay too much like work.

(This coming from the 16yr old who's going out to find a job in a local supermarket to pay for his next PC.)

Mal:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix666
    (This coming from the 16yr old who's going out to find a job in a local supermarket to pay for his next PC.)
    Heh, that's exactly what I did, but I went to McDonalds .

And thanks for the links! Good reads!
    RIP Bucko

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

good job on the server so far. sounds like you got it running pretty proper. Also I got you both beat I went to work in a lumber yard driving a forklift and stacking treated 10ft long 8x8 for 8 hours a day. That job was so chocked full of suck it wasn't funny. but keep up the good work man.

Quote Originally Posted by BerticusPryme View Post
    good job on the server so far. sounds like you got it running pretty proper. Also I got you both beat I went to work in a lumber yard driving a forklift and stacking treated 10ft long 8x8 for 8 hours a day. That job was so chocked full of suck it wasn't funny. but keep up the good work man.
    Thanks man! Yeah, it's working pretty awesome. Pretty soon I'm going to go ahead and disconnect the monitor, keyboard and mouse since I don't need them anymore. I think I'll be able to (when it needs to be off) turn it on, start up SSH, log in, and then log into the computer through GDM and my VNC session. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do lol. I'll just make sure it isn't off

And that job sounds like a blast! [/sarcasm]
    RIP Bucko

yeah you might wanan think about trying to find some cheap hdd's and throw in it and get a raid card or twoa nd have all the hdds shared on the netwrok and also have it running as a file server too. Thats what i am getting ready to build.

Quote Originally Posted by BerticusPryme View Post
    yeah you might wanan think about trying to find some cheap hdd's and throw in it and get a raid card or twoa nd have all the hdds shared on the netwrok and also have it running as a file server too. Thats what i am getting ready to build.
    Yeah my dad is going to see what he can grab for me from work next time he goes in (business trip tonight so I think he said Tuesday). It's on a Mini-ITX mobo though so I only have 2 IDE spots and no SATA. I don't need an optical drive so I should be ok though.

I'm thinking about trying out some music/video streaming. Like, from the server to my computer (free up some space on here). Has anyone done this before? My system isn't the greatest (1GHz Via C3, 512MB RAM) but I should be able to, right?

Edit: Ooo, Torrentflux refreshes itself every 60 seconds. Cool! I have another question though, it's about sub-domains. How exactly does a sub-domain work? For example, say I wanted TorrentFlux to have it's own sub-domain instead of typing the path to it's location? Like, instead of blahblah dot com/torrentflux/blah/blah.php, how could I make it torrentflux dot blah dot com?
    RIP Bucko

sub domains i dont really know about but i just got a ide controller card from newegg for like 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    I have another question though, it's about sub-domains. How exactly does a sub-domain work?
    This looks useful: Subdomain Configuration at websitegear.com

I'm sure it isn't hard ... I found that by typing 'how do I set up a subdomain on my server' into .. you guessed .. google lol

CrazyB

Thanks man, I'll read that in a little bit.
    RIP Bucko

heh ur serveer specs r fine for streaming heh dude ive streamd stuff offa a amd K6-2 500Mhz fine lolz and it only had 192Mbs ram was alot better tho once i stepped it up to 256Mbs
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.