Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In 3 years look for Windows 7

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default In 3 years look for Windows 7

Also, codenamed Vienna, Windows 7 is set to launch in 3 years. Why so fast for a new OS?

http://news.com.com/Next+version+of+....html?tag=item
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: In 3 years look for Windows 7

I saw this last week, I think Vista is a bit like ME: a pre-release of the good version :p

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    I saw this last week, I think Vista is a bit like ME: a pre-release of the good version :p
    So that's why it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by modmansage View Post
    So that's why it sucks!
    LMAO!!!!

1. Windows
    2. Windows 3.1
    3. Windows 95
    4. Windows 98
    5. Windows 2000
    6. Windows ME
    7. Windows XP
    8. Vista
    9. Seven

??
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

maybe ME and vista don't count and they're sorta just "hehe, you thought this was a REAL operating system didn't you?" versions

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cymae View Post
    maybe ME and vista don't count and they're sorta just "hehe, you thought this was a REAL operating system didn't you?" versions
    Seems like a reasonable explanation, lol.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I am one of the (very) few who actually love Vista. There are already so many features I love: Flip 3D (I actually use that alot), Aero Interface, Windows Sidebar, Windows Gaming, Digital Audio Integration, Network Maps, Problem Solving, Integration w/ 3rd party programs. If Windows 7 is only going to get better, then I want that even more. I would definitely not compare Vista to ME. Even in the worst-case scenario of using Vista (Bad comp, confusing update, etc.), Vista is nowhere close to as big of a P.O.S as ME was. At least vista is stable... ME was crap and everyone knows/knew it. Im not saying you guys are wrong about anything, I am just saying that Vista worked out great for me. Once apple starts getting good support for games (EA, Microsoft, Blizzard, Bethesda, Lucasarts), then I'll definitely think about making the switch, making a dual-boot or having 2 comps: one w/Mac, one w/Windows.

omg i thought i was alone Indybird, u and me gotta stick together now, and defend Vista from the haters

From what I understand, Vista's a lot like ME, except actually stable.

How?

Well, it "in theory" retains compatibility with 2000 and XP, just as ME did with 95 and 98; however, there are enough small changes that some things just refuse to work properly, if at all. It's got all sorts of spiffy new features, and the system requirements have been raised somewhat because of this, but it's just a set of shiny hubcaps over old steel wheels, it's not anything truly new and exciting. (Not that 2000 or XP were that bad, mind you, though I'd be hard-pressed to find a less-exciting GUI than Windows Classic.)

Seeing as nVidia's not bothering to put out drivers for nForce2 under Vista, I'm sticking with XP whether I like it or not. And for now, at least until they release a service pack or two for Vista, I do like it just fine.

Anyway, back on the original topic. I'm surprised nobody brought up the Slashdot joke of "seven deadly sins" as pertaining to Windows. Hopefully Win7 won't be slothful, greedy, and gluttonous, which I'm seriously worried about... and with Microsoft's history, I wouldn't rule out pride, envy (which of OS X's innovations will they use this time?), or wrath (copyright protection and, based on the current path of things, DRM?) either. As for lust, we'll see about that when it's released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...