Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In 3 years look for Windows 7

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: In 3 years look for Windows 7

I like Vista, I'm just used to XP and don't want to change yet, especially since I wouldn't be able to take advantage of DX10 with my current rig, we'll see what happens in a few years when I (hopefully) build a new rig, I've just gotta start saving some cash every month (about $40-$50 I estimated) so I can make it happen.

i just worried about the price for the new windows?

I worked out why its called windows 7,

Windows XP is NT 5, Windows Vista is NT 6, so this is NT7. Heeee. I worked it out, stupid M$ and there naming crap so simply
    Last edited by XcOM; 08-02-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

That's classified.

I think they need to start with something completely new. That way, there will be no viruses, stability issues, or compatibility issues. Come up with a new type of GUI instead of a bar (Win) or a slate with floating pictures (OS:X) With so many new devices with touch screens, tying to push buttons on a skinny bar with your fingernail (Win:CE) is a bit difficult and people lose styluses. In addition, give system and program files REAL NAMES; it's so annoying to go into task manager and not know what half of them are with their cryptic names. "You can only fix up and patch up an old house so much..."

Windows Vista is still pretty nice though.

I'll say this, the only time I've had problems with vista.... is when I ran it on a 5 year old machine. It runs quite fine on my system and super pi only suffers 0.5s delay, not enough to warrent a "it's full of crap" routine some would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
    With so many new devices with touch screens, tying to push buttons on a skinny bar with your fingernail (Win:CE) is a bit difficult and people lose styluses.
    My fingernails are long for that very reason.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I'm just real careful with the stylus and if you lose it you could always use a plastic pen cap. My bro broke the one for his Nintendo DS so that's what he does, lol, a pen cap, like from those cheap Bic pens.

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

I'm with the crowd that is not as impressed with Vista. I guess I was expecting a revolutionary change instead of the evolutionary change from XP. I was hoping for some bigger changes to the user interface. I'd like to see them make the next generation of Windows more like the CDE in Unix.

Just got out of a meeting with our M$ OEM rep. They are pushing vista really hard and even offering rebates and such for volume sales. He kind of cringed when I told him that the FDA will NOT allow one of our customers to upgrade their systems to vista due to internal system issues (they won't tell us what they are, since it is proprietary and they are working with M$). This is mainly due to the fact the system is connected to a medical device and could potentially do harm to a patient.

Anyone hear of the recent issue at LAX? Where the people waited on planes for hours? This was the same thing that happened to us in February, but luckily we were closer to the front of the line. Turns out it was "an internal systems issue" with Customs/ Immigrations computers. The problem was related to Vista.

BTW: I was also told that server 2008 is launching in February 2008. The beta is available now.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

it's easy to see why they want to release a new version.By then they will have been able to copy the look of the next Mac OS. And they know that Vista is crap :p lol.

Id say expect this version in more like 5+years knowing M$

I thought Longhorn was being released in November.

As I've pointed out before, Mac is essentially Unix (actually FreeBSD).

If you've tried Vista on a good system, it runs fine. If you have 1 core, 1GB or less of RAM, and a slow (4200RPM) HDD, I wouldn't recommend vista. But there are tweaks to speed up vista. Maybe I should make a guide to speeding up vista.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!