Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weird question

Life is like an analogy...

Default Re: Weird question

still working on it. ive been boating for the last 4 days, so ive been really tired overall. its tricky finding information about atomic radii, crystal structures of common materials, and the likes. i WISH i kept my chem notes instead of burning them. who knew they might actually be useful outside of a classroom...

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Is awesome

chem notes=good after the class is over
    Yeah! you could've given them to ME!

But anyways, glass is transperant is because once light is emitted from something and sees it is heading for glass, it sees it before it hits it and thinks it is tremendously beautiful. Light is selfish, so it decides that it should be the only thing to ever see the beauty of un-lit glass, so it filters through it instead of stopping when it hits it, thus not reflecting off of it so we can't see it so nothing ever can ever see the true beauty of glass except the light right before it hits it.

Light also thinks it's really hot lookin' when it is traveling, before it hits something, so it travels faster so nobody except itself can see the beauty of the traveling light.

This is also why pandas won't eat in a solar eclipse, because they have the best ability to see traveling light, but only in a solar eclipse when the light itself slows down enough to look back at the dissappearing sun and marvel at it. The pandas are too busy realizing the absolute prettiness of the travelling light that only slows down then.

And that's why light travels THROUGH transperant thing rather than stopping and reflecting off.

you all realize you can't see light, you just seeing what the light is reflecting off, Transparrent objects have the allilty to let the light though as it matches the wavelength of light, also dark is just the absence of light,

Thing of this:
    Hold a cloth to the light, can't see through it can you, now strech it, now you can see the light though it, now thing of if you streched the holes stupidly wide, thats glass, or rather transparrent objects, i would go into greater detail, but i have a lot of forum threads to fit into 40min

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

you all realize you can't see light, you just seeing what the light is reflecting off
    well, no, its the other way around. you only see things because light is reflecting off them. and ill prove this with my next quote.

also dark is just the absence of light
    ta daa!!! trust me. you are in fact seeing the light.

Transparrent objects have the allilty to let the light though as it matches the wavelength of light
    you know, at first i was going to demolish this statement, but after thinking about it... it may be possible. you see, different wavelengths of light will excite electrons to different degrees. it may be a possibility that certain atoms in a material are absorbing certain wavelengths due to their electron configurations and such. in fact, im quite sure this idea plays in somewhere. its a case more specific to transparent objects, because i still believe that atoms in an opaque object are just too close together to let light through at all, making electron configurations a moot point. it may in fact be the electron sea in metals that blocks things out too. if you think about it, the nuclei are definitely too small to see no matter how many atoms are clumped together. the thing that take up the most space is the electron (not physically, but they move so fast that they might as well). its a distinct possibility that everything we see is just the electrons.

But anyways, glass is transperant is because once light is emitted from something and sees it is heading for glass, it sees it before it hits it and thinks it is tremendously beautiful. Light is selfish, so it decides that it should be the only thing to ever see the beauty of un-lit glass, so it filters through it instead of stopping when it hits it, thus not reflecting off of it so we can't see it so nothing ever can ever see the true beauty of glass except the light right before it hits it.

Light also thinks it's really hot lookin' when it is traveling, before it hits something, so it travels faster so nobody except itself can see the beauty of the traveling light.

This is also why pandas won't eat in a solar eclipse, because they have the best ability to see traveling light, but only in a solar eclipse when the light itself slows down enough to look back at the dissappearing sun and marvel at it. The pandas are too busy realizing the absolute prettiness of the travelling light that only slows down then.
    so you're telling me i have to factor in emotion into my equations? and pandas? you know thats crazy enough to work... seeming as for a while i was convinced that every atom contained a tiny buffalo.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Is awesome

tiny buffalo
    I heard it was the buffalo's slightly smaller more bovinic cousin the ruffalo that resided in every atom.
    They share part of their name with a "ruffle" which is a crimped patatoe chip, which is ironic because potato atoms actually have buffalo instead of ruffalos in their atoms.

emotions? damn.
    Yes, contrary to popular belief (physics, psh) light does have minute but very strong emotions, just like how apple juice has minute amounts of very strong ACID in it.

Light can also love other light, and i heard that infra red was having a cross-spectrum fling with ultraviolet, but microwave got very VERY jealous and decided to kick infra red out of the humans visible spectrum.

Microwave is the transvestite king/queen of the light universe, and thus decides who sees what. It's too bad, because we were so close to having predator vision, but that darn lady-killer infra red messed it up for us*.

*(incidentally, infra red likes humans, but it loves ultra-violet, who hates humans and thus sunburns us when we don't sacrifice ten daily virgins to the sun god, who actually turns out to be roommates with ultra-violet.[you didn't see no aztecs with sunburn!])

Can we not be happy with:

Glass is see through because we can see through it.

Metal isn't see through because we can't.

I reckon that covers it, damn I'm good, next question,.
    Last edited by Drew; 08-09-2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: pour speelings

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    ................ sacrifice ten daily virgins to the sun god, ...............
    I used to do this, but ran out...

Hehe you guys splinter off when the gray matter starts to boil...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Hehe you guys splinter off when the gray matter starts to boil...
    im assuming that means something along the lines of "when the going gets tough, the tough go crazy."

its true though.. madness goes hand in hand with genius unfortunately.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy View Post
    its true though.. madness goes hand in hand with genius unfortunately.
    So true. I'll quote one of my past history teachers.

"You can't be a genius without being crazy, but you can be crazy without being a genius."
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    "You can't be a genius without being crazy, but you can be crazy without being a genius."
    You're spot on there ... almost ... you can't be a Genius without appearing crazy to Mr Average. Unfortunately Mr Average is unlikely to discern the difference between the real Mr Crazy and the real Mr Genius.

CrazyB