Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Alfred and win a prize!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Help Alfred and win a prize!

Quote Originally Posted by Cymae View Post
    nice entry omega! you didn't say anything about cooling though..
    I said that stuff like that would be left up to the creator/user (you). If you can budget for watercooling, awesome. do it. If you can't, go with air. Nothing glowy though, because I'm pretty sure Alfred isn't radioactive. =D

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Can u have the power button where the sun dont shine on him I think that would be quite funny (but painful) lol

-gaz

That's an area of Alfred I never wish to see or venture towards.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Then shove a stick in there to press it.. a brown stick.

I'd advise against that. Alfred looks like the type who would immediately whirl around and bite off a few fingers if you got within a foot of his cornhole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Just saw this challenge, lol. Quite interesting. If I find the time to do it (on vacation, yet on the forums, I have no life! ), I'll make an entry. Great little OT madness guys. ^^ And man, I could get into a lot of trouble with that shirt, lol... esp. the kind where my mind goes into loops due to figuring out what to write on there, as opposed what not to write, lol.

To start Alfred out, I would buy this case, why? because Apex is a cool name, and its about the right dimensions

When looking at Alfred's hair, I thought it looked a lot like the fur of a black bear, so why not use faux black bear fur to cover the case. I would cut out the shape of a T, The reason I would cover 4 sides is because the front needs to be covered with a different material in order to look like a face, and the bottom wouldn't need to be covered, since no one would see it. I would use hot glue (or something similar) to attach the the fur to the top, left and right sides, but not the back. (you'll see why later) On the back I would cut a small hole near the bottom, about 1.5" up (you'll see why later) then attach an inch wide strip of velcro to the very bottom of the flap, as well as a matching piece on the lower section of the back of the case.

To make Alfred's face, I would use a thick coating of bondo, while still wet I would poke it a bunch to get dimple-y look seen in the picture. Once dry, I would paint it with gloss black Krylon spray paint to get the oily, shiny appearance.

For Alfred's tongue i would get one of these pieces of wood, which i would then shape into a rough tongue shape. To get the texture I would scoop a bit of bondo up onto a popsicle stick, then fling it onto the wood, getting (close enough) the texture of a tongue.

I would also cut out a place for the cd drive to mount towards the bottom of the case. In order to hide the cd drive, I would glue Alfred's tongue to the tray, as most stealthed cd drives are. (only usually you would use a normal cover, not a tongue.)

I personally think most animals should have tails, and Alfred is no exception. To make a tail for Alfred i would take a strip of the fur used to cover the case approximately 4"x12" and make a mark 12" long, 1" in from one side. Using this mark i would remove all the hair in that 1"x12" area and sew some velcro onto this strip, I would also sew an equally sized strip of velcro on the opposite side, which is already hairless, so that it can made into a "tube" and stay together, but can be pulled apart as well. The reason for an elaborate tail design is to hide the wires leaving the case, you could zip-tie all the wires together, then cover them with the tail. You could then pull the "tail" through the hole cut earlier in the back of the fur, and velcro down the back as well.

For the eyes, i would use ones very similar to those posted by Lukeisthecoolest, *link*
    but the thing that sets my design apart from his is that I would drill 3 holes in one of the middle cd drive covers to put in the cd drive, power, and reset buttons, on top of this I would glue the reptilian eyes.

Cooling would most likely be an issue in this case, considering all the hair that insulates the case, so we'd have to use a BIG heatsink, maybe a Zalman 9700 but if space is an issue (as i suspect it will) something more like this Silverstone cooler would have to be used.

if I'm not missing anything then I'm done

ATX Mental Case

For the eyes, i would use ones very similar to those posted by Lukeisthecoolest, *link*
    i understand, that is the only place you can get fake eyes. lawl
    OPP Transformers Case / Dangerously 1337 / Hell's Regect

hahaha, its easier to steal a link than to have to google it

Quote Originally Posted by Cagedconnerman View Post
    hahaha, its easier to steal a link than to have to google it
    seriously. =/

I googled for like a half hour and the only good site was the one that was already posted so I was basically like "ah, piss" (Eck and Jon should know what I sound like when I say that lol).