Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For all of you with AIM, ICQ, MSN, YAHOO etc

Default Re: For all of you with AIM, ICQ, MSN, YAHOO etc

For those who don't want to install instant messaging and don't need file transfers: www.meebo.com
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Been using it (pidgin) since the day it came out, formerly gaim, best messenger system out to date imo.

The only problem I have with it is that your friends need to be on it to send files... occasionally it will work with other nonpidgin users.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

I like using these programs that can replace most of my other chat clients but the problem i have with them is that they never seem to support video or voice chat. This used to be a non-issue but since my girl friend got her new laptop w/ built in cam/mic she likes to video chat with me.

Are there any chat clients out there that support video/voice?

To be honest it doesn't really matter because i only use aim anyway... but i usually think that these programs are nicer.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

Skype is your obvious option for voice chat. It also has an instant messaging feature.

As for video... I've never needed to try it out for myself, but I'm pretty sure msn has something like that. But knowing microsoft, it'll probably be really bad.

EDIT: Did you mean the 'all-in-one' chat clients? If so, then my post is completely redundant, sorry. (I only ever use msn myself, so I don't know if all the others like aim already have voice chat and all that jazz.)
    Last edited by Elenril; 09-08-2007 at 10:48 AM.

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenril View Post
    Skype is your obvious option for voice chat. It also has an instant messaging feature.

As for video... I've never needed to try it out for myself, but I'm pretty sure msn has something like that. But knowing microsoft, it'll probably be really bad.

EDIT: Did you mean the 'all-in-one' chat clients? If so, then my post is completely redundant, sorry. (I only ever use msn myself, so I don't know if all the others like aim already have voice chat and all that jazz.)
    Sorry about that, i should have been more clear. I want an all in one client that has video support. I currently use AIM. (ichat if i am on a mac, but that is just AIM with an aqua interface.)

Like i said, i don't worry about it to much because i don't really use any other chat clients. I have an MSN but i don't use it because i have no one to talk to on it... i only have 3 friends

• My girlfriend (who is never on it, i made the account for her so she could talk to me while i am playing on my 360
    • My mom (also never on it)
    • One other friend (He can be found on aim)

From what i understand its a geography thing. If i left the USA, i hear i would find a lot more people who don't use AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    Sorry about that, i should have been more clear. I want an all in one client that has video support.
    Trillian Pro does what you want

Is Trillian pro free or a pay version of Trillian?

I always assumed that the reason these programs don't include video support has to do with licensing or not having access to the technology to do it.

It's the pay version

I don't think i need it enough to justify paying for it. I just wouldn't use it all that much. Thanks for the info though.

ATX Mental Case

i love gaim/pidgin, it does everything i need it to do and doesnt have ads at the top or install gigabytes of AOL software.