Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a swell day

Default what a swell day

Waddup guys, i read the thread by daveW reccomending us to post happy things, so i decided to join BerticusPryme on the bandwagon. the day is not over yet, but its been excellent so far. Today i the auction ended for a vintage 1983 Pioneer CD player that we expected to sell for 50$ when it actually sold for 281$ and now im like my boss's hero. Also, i finally got components for at least two complete computers and like 3/4 of a third for almost free. then, my grandpa let me have his rotary tool and deluxe set of bits, but i already had a whole bunch of dremel bits since my dremel broke. then i got another PSP but it lacks a battery and is kindof roughed up, but i plan on salvaging it for the screen if i cant find a battery. (btw ill need help on that). THEN, while riding my bike from the bus stop, i found a DS Lite in the street that looked pretty smashed up, but it actually still worked, i plan on giving it to my sister. then also on the same trip i found a 5$ bill in a pile of grass clippings. Also i bought an inbox working sega genesis w/ 6 games to add to my collection of antique systems for 15$ from my work. Also, i managed to get my hands on a wireless pci adapter so i can now piggy-back on my neibors network. Tonight im going shopping for film for my polaroid camera collection and buying an extra table/chairs for our expanding LAN party as part of a birthday present from my mom. It is the life. if only now i can move my operations out of my room and into a larger space.
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Is awesome

Default Re: what an swell day

To be honest, i didn't read the thing. but i DID realize that you meant to say "a" instead of "an" in the title.

But i'm sure that whatever you said was about money, so congratulations.

(but if english isn't your native language, by all means misspell whatever you want. I've been speaking this for 15 years, and i still can't splle rihgt on teh intrenetz)
    You love my sig.

ATX Mental Case

you are so lucky!

today there was a mix-up in my schedule so i had to work the WHOLE day

i barely had anytime to work on my comp

[annie voice]the sun will come out tomorrow, bet ur bottom $ it will tomorrow [annie voice]
    OPP Transformers Case / Dangerously 1337 / Hell's Regect

Life is like an analogy...

actually today has been a pretty awesome day for me too.

after spending about two weeks researching and making phone calls, i finally got a package coming my way about a gemology course. i was talking to someone on the phone about it, and the course starts on september 12, and its still only half full. if i apply, i have to go in for an interview to assess my eligibility, but i think im a shoe in considering my experience in chemistry, geology, and general rock knowledge. this is a two year course that will make me an internationally acknowledged gemologist.... and then its on to a two year diploma program in jewelry art and design. things are looking good in this area.

i also got a call yesterday from a place i had applied to for a job, they wanted to talk to me this afternoon. i really dont think i even had to go in to talk... i got the job right away. its a sheet metal fabrication shop, which will help me in my eventual goals. not only that, but they are kind enough to start me at $12 an hour versus $8 at my last structural design job. its still not great, but id say its awesome considering i basically have no real work experience in that field.

and finally, i signed up for a weekend refresher course in jewelry for the sake of access to equipment seeming as im having a few issues buying my own. plus a friend is joining too, so he gets to learn a few things and be of use to me. this finally means that i can get a few rings done that ive been promising for a while.

and for the hell of it... it was nice and sunny today!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Default Re: what a swell day

Luck to the max!
    Congrats on a great day i guess
    A bird can fly, but a fly can't bird

dude, we should use this thread for people post about how their day was good, since the title is generic
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

While I didn't bother reading your post (No offense meant, but I can't be arsed to read through something that's not structured), It's good to hear you had a good day.

Uh... I got my Leninade today! And I should be getting my new speakers tomorrow or Monday, so I'm excited.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

What is Leninade? Sounds like a refreshing communist drink.

Anyways, I had a GLOWING review from my boss yesterday, and I'm just waiting now to find out if they'll meet my asked salary increase. I even offered to sign a 3yr contract if they do meet it. Things are good at work.

Found $50 in my office too... how did I miss that? Oh, and a check for $75 that I forgot to cash. Nice.. $125 from thin air!

My new CD that I ordered came in today also.. but turns out that they ordered the DVD instead of the CD. Doh!! On the upside, they had the proper CD in stock anyways, so I grabbed it.

The new cd player on the office hifi sounds KILLER, and I picked it up for next to nothing. I'm sooo pleased with my stereo right now! I added a bit more bass today just by playing with the speaker stands a bit.

Baby is healthy and growing like mad, starting to mimick his mom and dad, including sounds! I swear he said "hello" yesterday! 11 weeks old!

Weather is nice and cool today, a bit overcast. My favorite!

I got 3 broken Xbox's and a Xbox360 to repair tonight also.. extra $$$ is always nice.

Still driving the rental car.. Chrysler 300. Someone ran into my parked 2006 Escape two wkends ago, but insurance came through today, and said that it's not going to cost me a cent.

A good day.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

ATX Mental Case

today i was so hapy it rained!!!!!

since i am working maintenance for the week and that it rained today all we did was sit around and talked!!!

and i got paid for the WHOLE day even though i left early! i hope it rains everyday
    OPP Transformers Case / Dangerously 1337 / Hell's Regect

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

Glad to see everyone is having a good day. I my self have had a great week. Started my new job and all. Love it. The hardest thing I have done all week is fill out paper work. The main note for the week is my wife and kids are healthy and doing good. Also, I got my comp rebuilt and I am more than pleased with it.