Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How To Turn a Mini Maglite Into a Laser

Default Re: How To Turn a Mini Maglite Into a Laser

Oh no, looks like you guys upset god.
    To be honest, alot of the staff are getting fed up with some of the topics lately. There has been alot of violent remarks, sick humor, borderline illegal discussions, and we're just tired of it. I predict heads will start rolling soon if folks can't get back to moddin.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Actually I really like the cool laser mod, it's when people post ugly ways to hurt people and animals with it that disturbs me.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

yes i agree, i don't mind killing ants or bugs becuase they don't really show any kind of emotion, at least i can't tell or see any. anything that makes noise when it gets injured i wouldn't hurt or kill. it just makes me wonder how "advnaced" we are when people go around killing people for fun or over some stupid gang sign crap. ohwell guess its always going to be like that...
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

The only difference between a CD burner and a DVD burner is the strength of the focusing lens. CD burners are slightly weaker than DVD burners, as DVD burners have a higher focus than CD burners.

Also, the beam can be made stronger through various techniques (convex lenses, Fresnel lenses, mirrors, etc.). I think it would look good in a case mod with a few mirror arrays and some added "smoke."

Just don't hurt yourself. Lasers burninate things.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Some people are intellectually advanced and such, most are not. Keep that in mind, lol.

I'm thinking of this for some laser etching!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Everyone keeps mentioning etching with these, what do you plan on etching, plexi? Metal? I don't see the use, if it isn't very hight powered..

How fast do you think it will die if I give it more than 3V? The bastard was at 150F after 3 seconds I swear (at 6V heh..) but what about 4.5? Or would it be more worth while to work on the lenses for more heat/power?
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Bingo. You could always use a convex lens to focus the beam.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I kept thinking of viable uses for this thing as a tool, ie, you're stuck in the wilderness and need to start a fire, why rub sticks together when you can turn on your laser for a few seconds?

Or perhaps an alternative to a lighter for smokers or lighting a stove or grill or something?

Or just popping balloons and lighting matches because you can, that works too.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I kept thinking of viable uses for this thing as a tool, ie, you're stuck in the wilderness and need to start a fire, why rub sticks together when you can turn on your laser for a few seconds?

Or perhaps an alternative to a lighter for smokers or lighting a stove or grill or something?

Or just popping balloons and lighting matches because you can, that works too.
    How would you power it up out in the middle of the wilderness? A lemon tree? :p

I agree with your last statement though. I don't really see any viable uses for this mod, but it sure would be fun to have if you had a bunch of balloons!

Just remember what we all learned from "Honey I shrunk the kids", lasers can be dangerous! lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.