Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HTPC First mod of hundreds :)

Default Re: HTPC First mod of hundreds :)

Well, thats what im after your oppinions.
    Looks like its going to be on its side then :/ think ill rund it upside down lian li style with a nice window

****UPDATE TIME****

Hello all back again, had a productive day today.
    started cutting the fittings so that every6thing is accessible heres my day!

I started off by cutting the corners of the top bar to acomidate the fitting screws of the P.S.U here it is being filed flat and true.

looks good time to to the P.S.U brace to match

looking pretty good i think?

i done the bottom angle section aswell so it can acomidate the back I/O panel heres a snap of that.

its really starting to take shape the back actually looks like it could be a P.C

then i heard knock knock on the door, i open the door to find a man in a bright red jumper standing here, it was my masking tape and rivets, still no damn drill bits.
    the day had been moving on so well i thought id go get a lend of one from a friend and start committing some of the parts to placement buy drilling the holes ready for when its finally riveted together.
    this is when i made what can only be described as a schoolboy error!!!
    i marked and measured up for the first hole, center punched it ready and heald the parts in place tight to drill,
    the drill went through the first layer easily but the second layer was a little more tricky so i applied a bit more pressure then all of a sudden it broke through the other side ,well actually <----- wasn't my face it was more like as i felt my flesh churn.
    i had managed to drill into the end of my thumb up under the nail yes the joy of it was very overwhelming NOT.
    heres a snap for you i know you want it lol!

this is it after i cleaned it up a bit and managed to stop the bleeding, all i can say is im sure glad it was only a 3.3mm bit.

Ouch! I know the pain of that as I have done it many time(not working on a case) but a drill bit under the nail hurts! Anyways, nice progress. I like the case on its side better too!

ATX Mental Case

You know what I'm gonna say....

It's not a proper mod untill you spill some blood on it!

But, that's twice now, so please stop the injuries!

Take things slowly and carefully. The health services are strapped enough, without a glut of modders drilling holes in themselves!

Ouch!

ATX Mental Case

Wow nice modding!

If you wanna see modders drilling holes in themselves, I have a rather graphic image of my thumb which had a drill bit through it! :p

go on then stick it up

****UPDATE****

Here i am again, so another days work is done. im pretty much held up on the main case as i need another 1000mm length of aluminum angle which i will be purchasing Friday.
    so todays tasks were to cut the window in the side panel and a dvd drive cover for the external of the case to hide the dvd drive behind the face so as the only visible part fits in more with the design.

The fund part of today is the fact im undertaking major cuts in the case without the aid of a jigsaw, dremal or hacksaw oh the joy of it lol!
    i set about this task in the same way i would if i was making a fan hole without a holesaw.

getting there :\

fineally finished and this is what it looks like, seems like im gonna have a lot of filing doesnt it lol!
    this is how im gonna snip it to remove the center piece

TADAA!!!!!

This is what i wasn't looking foreword to, but hey it needs to be done

but we will fast foreword a bit to an hour later and this is what im sitting looking at

I could not resist a peak at how it looked, so i got the old masking tape off to take a gander and i must say im quite pleased with the end result, the lines are nice and straight and seem to be nice and flowing with the corners (if you know what i mean)

and i have a loverly chunk of aluminum left wich will come in very handy for hard drive mounts/ strut brace for stability.

and here is the dvd drive tray cover ive made, this is all you will see on the out side of the case on mesh to indicate an optical drive.

little bit of masking tape doubled up and it has a nice fit just need to work out how to mount it with a bit of clearance from the proper drive tray cover (about 3 1/4 of an inch i think )

Nice cutting. Really slick

+rep

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

lookin good!
    i really love the look of the brushed alu.
    and +rep while im here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

thanks alot fellas glad you approve