Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project: NLM.

Default Re: Project: NLM.

b4i7 @ ok
    the boy @ np.
    short modder @ Thank you, very much

Hi guys! I've been working on my waterblocks, I've finally found some glue which'll do the job. I've just got one Q for you before moving on. What do you think look best? Let me hear.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Thank you all for replying. I'll go for the black screws

TwistedTech @ Thank you, I don't know what to say, I'm glad you liked it

firestorm @ just hang in there, I'll give you all the info you want about my fridge, as soon at I got the hole monster collectet. Until then, you can read someting about the peltier here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peltier-Seebeck_effect
    My costed something like $20 and has a heat different at 60degrees. Temps will come later

---

Update 29 – Light part 1 – The front @ Monday the 2nd Juli 2007.

Intro
    Finally I got a new update for you. I’ve actually done a huge amount of work (Yep! Soon I’ll be able to finish it, but still need the screen!), but I just want to teaser you a little :hehe:, and give the updates some time. The last things, are always the hardest to get rid off, because you’ve been extended them hehe, and damn I had a lot of troubles while trying to fix the light in the front! But finally I was happy with the result.

I’m still thinking of how to make the light under the case look better, take a look in the end of this update.
    Lets have some light:

Den sjove del

Lined up – Here’s every thing I need, except of the soldering iron.

I’ll be able to place leds all over the plate, except for here.

The LCD screen is the wrong place, and I’ll not be able to place leds here.

But let’s start soldereing, not much to show – bet you all know how-to

That’s it. NO pictures in completely darkness, you have to wait for them to the case is finished, and I take the final pictures

And last a picture of the light under the case. I don’t really think it fit the case with those light-spots under the case. (I know they aren’t completely straight, just need to adjust the leds).
    But I hoped you could help me coming up with a good idea, and how I could spread out the light a little more.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:18 PM.

eaglepies @ Thank you bro I don't know, about 50 I'll bet, but if you remember how little the case is, it's pretty much

idylan123 @ hehe thanks dude

Update 30 – Light part 2 @ Friday the 6th of July 2007.

Intro
    The light in the bottom looks AWESOME now!! It just have such a great effect and it’s awesome irl! The idea with filing some of the leds worked out perfect!.
    Beside the light in the bottom I also added some light to the tubing holders, it looks great to if you ask me Now I do only need to fix the light in the back, and for this I’ve orderd some “glowwire” from America. I can’t wait to get my fingers in it. I would love to find out how it works :hehe: It’s no option to add leds in the back, it’s just milled out wrong, but the glowwire should do the job!

Well, back to this update. On the pictures the light-sources looks kinda yellow, I don’t know why, but irl. The light is ONLY orange. It looks very good
    The funny part

Looks great! Just sad the yellow destroy the look

And this is how the leds looked after some filling

I LOVE IT!!! I seriously love this effect, it’s just perfect in person.

Awesome (IMO) Let me hear what you think
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:21 PM.

calumc @ It's not for sale
    - a monitor, bass from bit-tech designed it, I make something which'll look pretty much the same way

- The logitech diNovo Edge keyboard

- And last a razor mouse (can't remember the name) with orange light

So it's going to be a nice little set.

Thank you! Really guys I'm happy that you're commentating my work.

Update 31 – The screen part 1 @ Monday the 9th July 2007.

Intro
    I’m still waiting for my package with glowwire, coming all the way from usa. I’m started on the screen. Thanks to bass for the sketch, for you who haven’t seen it, here it is, the ting I’m working threw:

But lets start the real update.

The funny part

But first something funny I want to show you the funniest thing I’ve ever done. Try to look at the rat, I’ve added two gear wheels, which make the wheel go the opposite way than the wheel. It’s really hard to run on it. But I also added pedals and a wheel from a smaller bike to make it even funnier. Hehe some funny hours I had there. Lets go seriously!

Here’s the screen we’ll work with, a 17” dell widescreen.

Without the border.

From behind, I’m going to use the small pipes sticking up, when I attack the whole thing together.

Then I cut out two slices of 3mm alu.

In my bender I did some 90degreeds corners. But kids, watch out this machine! It has a pressure at 60 tons! Maaan that’s a lot.

Done.

I’ll place them on the screen like this.

The when they are cut out, fit’s perfect.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Then I cut some more 3mm alu out, those will be used as angles and hold the hole thing together.

Drawn and ready for holes.

Like this

Bended and ready to use!

Here’s all the parts.

The last thing that’s left on those is some holes to hold the angels.

The screen from behind with the angels in place.

And the last thing in this update: the back plate. It’ll hold the all in place.

Damn, that’s nice. Next step is to connect the plate with the rest, and make the foot for the screen.
    Next update will hopefully be in the end of the week, if I get my glowwire!

Cya guys
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Thank you all It does really help me modding. Lets have a update

Update 32 – The monitor part 2 @ Wednesday the 18th of July 2007.

Intro
    Next update for the monitor is ready now! I’ve fixed everything, and the only that’s left is sanding and painting. I think it’s cool! I skipped the idea with NLM milled into the foot, but I don’t want the piece of alu there, because it looks to heavy and big. I like how I is now, and that’s how it’ll be

Next update on Friday, and pictures from the final monitor

The funny part

Here’s the foot has been bended, the bends are like on the computer, and I think it fits good with everything else

Then I used my mile to create the first part of the “holder” which’ll join the screen and the foot. It’s skew in the end, to make the monitor go back.

I should be placed like this

Here’s the last part of the “holder” this will connect the other part with the screen.

It should work like this It’s possible to adjust the screen, and it’s solid!

Now it’s time to think of the last details. Here I’ve milled a slice to make the cables which give the screen power and connect it to the computer, come out.
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Here’s the electronic which control all the buttons (arrow up, arrow down, menu and power.

But I want to replace the buttons with those. So I found those and added some nuts.

Then I drilled holes in the for the buttons.

Adding them, that’s not bad at all

And from the backside, ready to soldering

Then I cut out some small plexi pieces.

….very small.

Drilled holes.

In place, ooh or not. They need to be straight before I’ll glue it :hehe: but else it’s very good.

See you guys in a couple of days, a great update with the finished monitor is waiting
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Thank you all

Update 33 – The monitor part 3 @ Saturday the 21st of July 2007.

Intro
    Wee, the monitor is done I’ll just leave you with some pictures, but not completely finished, the small buttons need to be glued, and straighted out. But you’ll first see when I take the final pictures

Also the case is self looks good. I’ll be able to do a lot of work on that tomorrow, so expect a update

The funny part

IT’S ALIVE :hehe:

I’m so happy with the screen, it does just look so…, hmm you know just beautiful. Tomorrow another update, this time on the case it self!
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Lets have a update

Update 34 – The last details @ Monday the 23rd of July 2007.

Intro
    Well, NLM is getting close to finished. Actually I had everything connected today. But while I was installing my OS the harddrive crashed, I checked it, and sadly there was a lot of errors. Bet you guys were right, a harddrive WON’T work after it has been opened. So guys, DON’T do it. I’ll use another 160gb Seagate IDE disk I have laying around. This time I won’t mod it with a window :hehe:

But here I’ll bring you some of the stuff I’ve done today and yesterday.

The funny part

First thing I had to do was to fix that ugly back.

Woila, you won’t see the radiator from now of

Then I did some wiring which’s going to power up the harddrive.

This is how I want it That’s good.

Next step – painting the backside of the sidepannel. It looks good now.

Painting the I/O panel, and the PCI-bracked for the GFX.

Here I want to show you the glowwire, which I received from http://www.vibelights.com/ The first time I connected the glowwire, the inverter just blew off, I mailed vibelights and they send me a new. It’s working just fine now

This is the inverter, it’s not huge, and it’s easy to hide in the case.

Then I milled out a slice in the plexi in the back. Then I putted in the glowwire, and it should look just great

- You see this? Omg, not beautiful. Lets do something about it!

After some drawing, cutting, bending, fileing, drilling and painting I got this.

Just nice!

I do only need to get the new harddrive installed and then collect the monster! Which mean that it should be finished tomorrow or Wednesday!
    I do really like it, final pictures with all the details etc. etc. will arrive soon
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-25-2012 at 04:33 PM.