Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one here suffer from sleep disorders?

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Any one here suffer from sleep disorders?

So I'm a pretty sound sleeper but yesterday I got in a massive fight with my mother and my girlfriend came over and I feel asleep next to her. Stupid me forgot to mention that when I get super stressed with some thing, I talk in my sleep not just babel but I can sit up and tell people stuff clearly and it seems I'm awake. Last night while in my room I sat up and told my girlfriend to leave. "Just get out, you aren't supposed to be here...This morning when I called her she told me how it happened. Weirdly enough I didn't remember doing any thing like that and apologized for like 10 mins on how sorry I was and how this only happens when I get really stressed.This isnt the first time I've done this though, Ive called my best friend mean names and have carried on full conversations with him. My eyes are open but Im not really there. Does this happen to any one else? Or do you have any other weird sleep stories to tell?

PS. My mother used to walk in her sleep with her eyes open when she was my age, she would do the families laundry. Could this be passed down?
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Default Re: Any one here suffer from sleep disorders?

I've been told I talk in my sleep sometimes. I'm never aware of it either. Sometimes it'll be in English, and it will even make sense, but other times it's not even English. It kinda freaks me out because I don't really know another language except for the little bit of Spanish I remember from high school. It makes me wonder if people are just messing with me or if I really do say something foreign in my sleep.

I don't know if it can be passed down or not. I've heard of things like sleepwalking and talking in your sleep running in families. I don't know if it's ever been scientifically proven or anything though. I do wish I had someone who would do laundry while asleep though.

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

It happens. In fact, there's a blog called sleeptalkinman (just google it) - a british guy has a similar problem, but the stuff he says is usually hysterically funny and his wife posts it in the blog...
    and heck, I've been known to talk in my sleep too, although m girlfriend says much of the time it's unintelligible. There *was* one night that I barely remember waking up, seeing she was awake, and she told me she couldn't sleep, was super tired, etc etc. I apparently said "oh, sucks to be you" and promptly went back to sleep she's a good sport and laughed it off
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

My mother actually says things in the middle of the day like "So when do you want to go to Marshalls." I sit there and kinda think if I have ever said that I wanted to take a trip there. I ask her when I say this stuff and she says when I first got up.

So I think I actually do have entire conversations when I'm sleeping.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

I'm told I'm one for this too. The best one that springs to mind was one morning when my girlfriend of the time called me to make sure I was up for work. She had to leave for work about an hour before I had to get up so the call was a regular thing. Apparently, she called, I answered the phone, assured her a couple of times that I was up (I'm a total pain in the ass for going back to sleep lol) and when she told me to get out of bed then, I replied "I will do in a minute. I need to pee and those guys are still working in the bathroom"......

There were no guys....

I have no recollection of the conversation other than when she told me about it. I have to believe its true as this was about 8 years ago, and she still brings it up from time to time :p

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

LOL! that's fantastic! a roommate once told me one night I threw a fist up in the air and shouted "I have NOTHING to declare!" I have no memory of this, but I sure wonder what the heck I was dreaming about.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    LOL! that's fantastic! a roommate once told me one night I threw a fist up in the air and shouted "I have NOTHING to declare!" I have no memory of this, but I sure wonder what the heck I was dreaming about.
    Absolutely Awesome!

lol i was on a camping trip about 6 years back i would say... and the guys i was with.. coulda swore they heard raccoons or something messing around in a tent... until they heard me yell "pickles!" oddly enough.. i hate pickles...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    lol i was on a camping trip about 6 years back i would say... and the guys i was with.. coulda swore they heard raccoons or something messing around in a tent... until they heard me yell "pickles!" oddly enough.. i hate pickles...
    Thanks for that one...I've had a rough day and needed a good laugh.

My little brother does the same thing as the killergamer a few times. Actually just a couple nights ago he walked into my room around 3AM to make sure I had water (???). I told him yes and followed him out of my room just in case because I knew he had to be sleepwalking. We had a little conversation and then I told him he has to go to bed and he agreed. The next morning I told him about what he did and he did not remember anything.

Back when I was a kid my twin brother was sick and ended up sleepwalking downstairs and trying to open the front door. Luckly he woke my mom up before he went downstairs and she was able to stop him from unlocking the door. Ive always though what would could have happened if my mom didnt stop him and he simply walked outside at night.

It is amazing how our bodies and minds can act when we dont know it
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F