Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High CPU temps

Default Re: High CPU temps

I tried turning the fans off and the temps rose to 75C.
    I do have enough room to install 2 fans below the rad. I'll probably just start with 2 though
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamon View Post
    I do have enough room to install 2 fans below the rad. I'll probably just start with 2 though
    For clarification, I meant one layer, two fans (since it's a 2x rad).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Ah, I got a bit surprised when I read that you thought I should stack 2 fans on top of each other.

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Ah, I got a bit surprised when I read that you thought I should stack 2 fans on top of each other.
    Yeah, I thought that's what it sounded like you thought I was saying...yeah...something like that...anyways... I have actually tried stacking fans like that before, and it doesn't really work very well.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

i haven't seen it resolved, so i'm going to just ask: how long have yo had it set up? is it in sunlight? and, lastly, are there anti algae formulas in it? because its possible, that algae has built up in the block.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Been running for about 2 weeks with the same water. Been in sunlight roughly 10% of the total time in those 2 weeks. And it's just regular tap water with no additives. Maybe I should drain the loop and fill it with deionized water with some anti-algea in it.

The temps should otherwise be fine considering I have no dedicated fans for it.

-TheOatmeal

The temps should otherwise be fine considering I have no dedicated fans for it.
    I think you're right on this. If you do dismantle your loop to swap coolants, however, check your waterblocks and flush out your radiator with hot water, then distilled water, just in case.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Ok, thanks for the help

-TheOatmeal

Hi again
    Just a quick update. I bought two Noctua NF-P14 FLX fans and placed them below the rad. My cpu is now at a stable 56C at 100% load. And it's hot in my room

Once again, thanks for the help guys.

-TheOatmeal