Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Project BF3.3 (battlefield 3 mod)

looking sweet either way, and man that's a sweet graphics card from zotac!

Overclocked

Thanks Twiggs, it is a hard decision to make, love the multi camo, but it does not look right on test panel... but waiting to see how the varnished one comes out before making final decision.. some cables from Bitfenix turned up friday as well so I am going to start making my custom orange and black ones today.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

looking good man, congrats on the sponsors!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    looking good man, congrats on the sponsors!
    I know, I am really lucky on this one as contacts in pr and rep of the BMW Mpower Level 10 mod helped get them all on board.

Overclocked

Hi Guys back with a little update, on the cables, so this lot turned up from BitFenix who were the cable suppliers for the BMW M power Level 10 Mod and there is a reason I chose them as the photos show bellow. The Cables in question are from their alchemy line of products (see here).

The package also contained some lights, I will photo these at a later time, as you may have noticed in the picture above I basically have 2 of all the power connectors and being BF3 themed I can imagine you all know why the colour combo. I am not going to be making any major adjustments to them just swapping out a couple of cables in the black ones for the orange ones. Yes using these is cheating, but after trying them out on the BMW M Power Level 10 mod I had to use them again.

Of course I should show you what I have planned by quickly doing one cable to give you an idea of what I am doing to them, first up a close up of the sleeving, just to show you how tight the weave is.

I love the now heat shrink part on their alchemy connectors, and as you can see the weave is really tight (cables are black under these).

I thought I would include this photo to show you how the bitfenix cables are done, unusual with no shrink, but gives a better finished look in my opinion.
    Here is how the couple I did turned out. I have done the 6 pin and 8 pin PCI-E connectors like this and also going to do the 8 pin CPU and also the 24 pin (although the 24 pin with have 4 cables changed)

As you can see this ties in with the BF3 theme (I think so anyway) my plan was always to keep the mobo section of the case all black with just a hint of orange in the cabling and one piece of orange UV tube going from CPU to GPU block) the rest of the tubing will be all black as will the connectors, blocks ect. Until next time

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

So I guess your next build will be mostly orange with a little black then? Lol. Those cables are very nice looking, thanks for the shot that shows why they don't have heatshrink on them.
    TheMainMan

update?

: (

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    update?

: (
    Case at airbrushers for painting, not much I can update with although i have decided to go with the Battlefield 3 artwork theme on the case, but I am still going to use camo wrap/form multicam style here and there around the case and weapon

I might even camo wrap the Magazine for the side as well, but were it goes all depends how it looks on each segment I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie123 View Post
    Case at airbrushers for painting, not much I can update with although i have decided to go with the Battlefield 3 artwork theme on the case, but I am still going to use camo wrap/form multicam style here and there around the case and weapon

I might even camo wrap the Magazine for the side as well, but were it goes all depends how it looks on each segment I try.
    awesome! thanks for the update i just thought this mod was sweet and hoped it hadn't been forgotten about or in my case...stolen LOL

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    awesome! thanks for the update i just thought this mod was sweet and hoped it hadn't been forgotten about or in my case...stolen LOL
    no not forgotten, although I have many things still to do, sorry to hear about your mod theiving fcukers