Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nice "free" state to live in?

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Nice "free" state to live in?

Seriously though, despite being a farming community, we've got a few big-city names in our neck of the woods.

We've got a few "DIY ranges" that people go to for shooting couple miles outta town, in basically every direction.
    I'm not much of a gunslinger, though.

Still need to meet D and Billy IRL, though....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

I don't really need more than a couple rounds. One .44 center of mass usually gets a baddie to either go do something else, or starts him on the road to assuming room temperature. Not a big gun nut, but it's fun to go blast off a few boxes every once in a while.

I'm thinking Tennessee. My best friend moved out there, and I'd like to be nearby. Beautiful area, near the Natchez Trace which I'd like to ride large amounts of on a motorcycle. I'd love to settle down on 45 acres or so of lightly hilly wooded terrain and set up summer rental cabins, a nice house and a great workshop. Internet access sucks the big one though. Almost non-existent unless you're in town. Not sure if I could deal with that.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by killergamer View Post
    How about wisconsin? Truthfully its seems to be a great place to live. I am bored by the Area but its fairly cheap to live.
    I second that. Unfortunately I haven't lived anywhere else to compare but WI isn't a bad place. Not sure about the exact fields your looking at but there is a few headquarters located here which aren't bad to get in to.

Good Luck,
    Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Still need to meet D and Billy IRL, though....
    We do need to have some sort of meetup. I'll post here the next time I'm going down that way (have no idea. Not in the foreseeable future), and you post the next time you are up this way or even going through the tri-cities (WA) and we can have a little meetup.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

>_<

Just remembered: I was in Oregon and Washington rafting last summer!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta