View Poll Results: How far do you drive in an average day?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 50 miles

28 60.87%
  • 50 - 75 miles

7 15.22%
  • 75 - 100 miles

4 8.70%
  • 100 - 125 miles

4 8.70%
  • 125 - 150 miles

1 2.17%
  • > 150 miles

2 4.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How far do you drive in a day?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: How far do you drive in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by farlo View Post
    i moved a couple years ago to be closer to work, i used to drive about 60 miles a day, now i drive 10. My work is moving in september which is cool because it'll be right down the road 1.25 miles away.
    Awesome! I do sometimes wish I could like that close to work...I think I like having a bit of land better though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Fresh Paint

I drive an average of about 125 miles a day. Being a field tech for a security company, I usually spend my days driving from one customer to another repairing their security systems. And since we do work all over the state of Arizona, sometimes I can have a 3 hour drive just to get to my 1st job of the day. Lucky though it is in a company truck that they pay all the gas and maintenance. My gas bill last month alone was $1,142.16

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

I too drive between 100 and 130 miles a day. I work for the worker's comp insurance rating bureau in CA - it's an independent company that does all the rating for worker's comp insurance for the state. My job is to drive to businesses all over the LA area, find out what they do, how they do it, # of employees, etc., and do up a written report. I hit between 15 and 20 a week...still, it's a good job, and endlessly fascinating. I've seen the inside of so many businesses now, places I'd never have gone otherwise.

Thankfully I've got a company car and they pay gas (even for personal use; I only pay income tax on my personal use of the car) so all in all it's a good deal. At this point I'm still SO thankful to have found a job, I was out of work for a year and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

I read all the posts and then... Spam FTL.

I'll reply anyway though. I often drive 0 miles. I ride a bicycle to and from work and around town when the weather cooperates. The drive to work is 4.4 miles round trip if I can't bike. If I need to drive somewhere else, it generally isn't more than a 10 mile round trip. It's pretty rare that I ever leave the metropolitan area...which is sad now that I think of it. I need a vacation.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I read all the posts and then... Spam FTL.

I'll reply anyway though. I often drive 0 miles. I ride a bicycle to and from work and around town when the weather cooperates. The drive to work is 4.4 miles round trip if I can't bike. If I need to drive somewhere else, it generally isn't more than a 10 mile round trip. It's pretty rare that I ever leave the metropolitan area...which is sad now that I think of it. I need a vacation.
    Perhaps I should rephrase the question then.

How far do you travel in a day? The point of the poll was/is to gather metrics from a more diverse group. Method of travel is really not important.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Under 50 here. Actually about 33 miles.

Fresh Paint

I travel a day 22 miles each way to work then errands probably adds another 15-20 ish miles.
    I think we can make that fit.

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Between my personal car and work van, around 150-200 a day.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cale_Hagan View Post
    i would say 100-125 miles. only because i love to drive. i constantly find myself putting on over 100 miles a day, even though i work 8 miles away. the worst part about it? i live in california, where gas is more expensive. i drop a fair amount of my paycheck into gas. the other day i drove 300 miles, just to go see a lake with my friend, haha. i bought my car in late october, with 134,500 miles. i just clicked above 138k. i drove over 1k miles in the first month alone...
    lol. at 152k miles now, 1 year after purchase.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

140 KM a day to get back and forth to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.