Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I. Quit. Smoking. =D

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: I. Quit. Smoking. =D

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Congratulation on kicking one of the hardest addictions to overcome. I have dealt with many addicts, and in my opinion due to the legality and (to a degree the social acceptance) smokers often struggle for many years to kick the habit. Congrats to all of the others who have quit as well. Some fun facts about smoking:
    -there are 599 additives combined with tobacco in an un-lit cigarete, over 4000 compunds are created by lighting it
    -nicotene is the only highly addictive drug that I am aware that provies no mood enhancing benefits to the user, it seems the only reason to use is to stave off withdrawl which becomes a life-long chase.
    -American Indians smoked tobacco for many years prior to the arrival of the Europeans with no known problems of addiction, it took Europeans to discover it's potential for abuse.

WARNING: These photos should not be viewed by anyone offended by or uncomfortable with photographic representations of the human body post-mortem.
    pathology photos of smoking related lung disease
    autopsy photo of "barrel-chested" man from who died from emphysema

Well said. Those last two pictures speak for themselves. Makes me think I should post some links of what smokeless tobacco can do to you as well. It ain't pretty at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stearle View Post
    This is really irritating and i don't tolerate smoke. because it is a nasty things and it causes many diseases. so why don't we keep up this bad smoke. we can try e cigarette.
    Well you see America used to be about this thing called "Freedom" and Freedom mean't that even though you personally didn't condone the harmless actions or customs of another person or people, you tolerated it so that the others around you could enjoy this said "freedom" and experience this other thing called "happiness" maybe for awhile just as much as you could yourself.. and it worked well... extremely well.. so well infact that this country became the "best" country in the world, that most everyone admired and wanted to live in, or be like as much as they could!

But then at some point, some Americans decided they didn't like this freedom that "everyone" had anymore, and wanted to take away these freedoms from those people they didn't like, because they could only perceive their own opinions and selves as the truth, even though they weren't, and it wasn't.

These Americans had more power then the other Americans and used propaganda and other deceitful methods to trick some other Americans into thinking that what they were voting for and doing would be better to them and that it would help everyone in a better way, even though it honestly didn't.

and slowly, by slowly these Americans adjusted the whole of America to how they thought it should be, pushing all others out of the way and into hiding.. they all feared if they spoke out and wanted the freedoms they used to have, that they would be put inside cages, beat up or even killed.

and so it has been ever since, and will continue to be for quite some time, you can look around you and see the consequences of what those Americans have done, but as to who those Americans are.. depends on what kind of person you are, and if you see yourself on one side of the fence over the other.. then those Americans have done their job of deceit very well on you.

Necro Spambot.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Necro Spambot.

slim pickin's these days