Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PC won't turn on T_T

Default Re: PC won't turn on T_T

Quote Originally Posted by xenosagarox View Post
    Lol. Chuck norris. Anways, I just tried turnin my pc back on after removing the power cord from the pc 10 minutes ago. Still no lights. I can hear my sata and Ulra(wtf??)Ata drives spin up and when I power it off, it takes the sata drive 30 seconds to stop spinnin which is odd...Also, I don't have my drives in RAID format. I just have them hooked up to the pc(since they're two different drives anyways). On the Uata(?) one, I have it set to cable select. Could this be the problem? I added the Uata(?) one only 3 days ago and it was working fine. Maybe I should remove it for a couple of hours and throw it back in? But then all my 66.5 Gigs of movies and music would be gone.
    Ok, troubleshooting time.
    First your said that you have this problem since not long after you add the second drive.
    -Try to turn on your computer without that drive.
    a) I suspect a faulty PSU there. The amount of power require to power up the second HDD may be the cause of the problem. (removing a HDD doesn't mean reformat: you will still have your data)
    b) Other possibility: boot sequence have been change cause of the second HDD. And depending on your BIOS setting, you may not be able to see the info on startup...

If the computer turn on without the drive, get into your BIOS and change the boot sequence to make the OS HDD first. then add the second HDD and see if it boot.

If that dont work,
    1- Clear the CMOS (reset your BIOS)
    2- Unplug everything, exept the monitor. add one component at a time, starting with the CPU. then the RAM and finally the HDD. (BOOT Beetween each addition)

Oh, other thing: Dont worry about the lights right now, they are just an indication, mine are not even plugued

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by slytherock View Post
    -Try to turn on your computer without that drive.
    Tried that. Same old. No light, blank screen.

a) I suspect a faulty PSU there. The amount of power require to power up the second HDD may be the cause of the problem. (removing a HDD doesn't mean reformat: you will still have your data)
    Well, my PSU is 450 watts. I assume thats insufficent.

b) Other possibility: boot sequence have been change cause of the second HDD. And depending on your BIOS setting, you may not be able to see the info on startup...
    Lol. I can't see anything on startup right now. Just the black black soul of my evil monitor

If that dont work,
    1- Clear the CMOS (reset your BIOS)
    Tried it. Nada.

2- Unplug everything, exept the monitor. add one component at a time, starting with the CPU. then the RAM and finally the HDD. (BOOT Beetween each addition)
    Back broken nada. That AMD heatsink is so annoying to put back. Stupid retaining clips.

You know. All this could be a heat issue maybe? I left my PC on yesterday from 9 in the evening on sunday to 6 in the morning which was 4 hours ago? So thats more then 24 hours that my pc was left on. I think that info is correct. I only had a hour of sleep so its hard to think right now...During that time, I was rendering in 3ds Max 9 and downloading torrents on Azures. Real heavy duty stuff on a AMD 3000+, 1 gig ram and 250 gig 7200 rpm sata drive and also listening to music and watching movies on my 160 gig 7200 rpm 3 year old Uata drive. Did I kill my PC? This isn't the first time my pc acted this way. I took my PC to a prof and he fixed it up for $200. But now, I barely have any money. Dads being a bi*** in child support and moms working in a dead end job. So I can't go to no prof.
    Oh and thanks everyone for yall help!!

Greco101

Unless you have your pc inside a extremely dirty case, or you have 0 airflow, odds are it's not a heat issue.

Did you do ANYTHING before?

Do you have an onboard, or addon video card?

Maybe try switching your video card (if you have one) to another agp/pci/pci-e/ slot

EDIT: There is a small possibility that you acquired a pretty bad virus but I seriously doubt that.

Austral Alien

He said in the first post it's onboard video....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    Unless you have your pc inside a extremely dirty case, or you have 0 airflow, odds are it's not a heat issue.
    It was very dusty in there so I cleaned it out this mornin with soapy water and a vacum lol. So cheap, I know. but that was after, the problems started so I know the problems aren't caused by my cheap cleaning solution I hope! But all I have to cool all my components is one 80 (mm/cm? I'm bad with metrics) mounted on the side and the amd heatsink/fan for the cpu.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    There is a small possibility that you acquired a pretty bad virus but I seriously doubt that.
    Lol. I have VIRUS PHOBIA! If I think I'm infected, I freak out and whip out all my virus protection suites. I even have like 4 or 8 virus protection softwares LOL. All freeware of course.

Austral Alien

Quote Originally Posted by xenosagarox View Post
    It was very dusty in there so I cleaned it out this mornin with soapy water and a vacum lol.

Really????

They are like two of the worst things you could possibly choose to clean a PC's insides with.

Water is bad for electrics and a vacuum cleaner (especially when used with the brush attachment) can kill stuff from static.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Anodized

Hmm, well I used the hose attachtment which ends in a plastic cup so I didn't think static couldn't be transferred. I think I need more sleep. Only an hour is really starting to kill me. I just hope none of the water touched my components. GAHH I'M FREAKING OUT WITH JUST THE THOUGHT OF NOT BEING WITH MY PC!! IT'S LIKE MY WIFE!!! lol :p

tinfoil-underwear

Ok, xenosagrox, we really like you, and want to help you, but we strongly urge you to GO SLEEP.

Talk to you tomorrow.

PS: Water + Soap + Computer = No
    PSS: The only exception is if
    Water + Soap + Apple = Ok + YouTube video
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    PS: Water + Soap + Computer = No
    PSS: The only exception is if
    Water + Soap + Apple = Ok + YouTube video
    ROLF

I suggest to try with another PSU.
    24hours non-stop with a comp is not a prob. I have some that run 24/7, but they all have reliable PSU. Always blame the PSU on this kind of trouble

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Greco101

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    He said in the first post it's onboard video....
    missed it

The more I read this, the more it seems like a joke.

?