Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "always on" DRM cracked

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Default Re: "always on" DRM cracked

that drm is stupid. I understand why they fight against piracy... but that drm was/is retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

ok so as I understand it....if you lose your internet connection or shut your computer off, etc, you lose your save game? wtf is that? if I'm wrong someone please fill me in on how this drm thing they've got setup works

No, that's exactly how it works. You are screwed if you ever shut down your computer.

I have AC2 and when i was on wireless the netowrk would drop every now and then in games, and it would throw a wobbly and i would lose everything i did upto the last save point.

I went to the extent of pulling up flooring to lay a cable just so i could play this game,

Stupid UBISOFT,

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

wow... if there wasnt a crack out there for this I would have said screw it and played it on the 360.

thats just retarded and is poor business.
    ber is id elicous

Well, I'm not going to play this game or the first now because of this, and if I wanted to I would probably just pirate at this point. I've had a few games that I've purchased not work because of DRM issues. It's really stupid. I'm to the point where I think I'm only going to buy games without any internet based DRM, or steam only. Steam really is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Well, I'm not going to play this game or the first now because of this, and if I wanted to I would probably just pirate at this point. I've had a few games that I've purchased not work because of DRM issues. It's really stupid. I'm to the point where I think I'm only going to buy games without any internet based DRM, or steam only. Steam really is amazing.
    Its sad that DRM, the thing that is supposed to stop pirating, is driving it.

ber is id elicous

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    Its sad that DRM, the thing that is supposed to stop pirating, is driving it.

That's irony. They've shown that games with little to no DRM (cd key with or without online validation) sell the best and make the most money. People don't want to pirate, they want a good experience. Cumbersome DRM ruins that.

lolz i only pirate for testing and demoing games to make sure they r worth my money... timed and limited demos only work so far with me... drm is pointless... for every barrier... the ppl will make 2 tunnels to get past... its always been like this.. there have been a good few games that DRM has made a challenge to enjoy.. especially for someone like me... who likes to use a modified exe to improve initial load times... and so i dont have to swap disks left right and center.... and as for steam... gotta love em... temporary game weekends r awesome.. what other network downloads the full game for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.