Thread: The Best Company for PSU's?

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: The Best Company for PSU's?

a lot of reviews I've read on the Corsair PSU's haven't been good at all

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    a lot of reviews I've read on the Corsair PSU's haven't been good at all
    Really? Where? Not challenging your word, I just have honestly never seen a bad review of a Corsair PSU.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

The low end Corsairs (VX and CS) are supposedly junk. The TX series has had a update that cheapened up the internals, not that it isn't bad but it is not as good as it used to be (See http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...ed-secret.html). The HX and AX series are the safe bets at the moment.
    Last edited by mtekk; 02-08-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: adding source
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Huh. Good to know.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Rule No. 1. - You want cheap, you get cheap.

Although I must admit I'm a bit surprised by that. Their higher end models have such near perfect reviews. I wonder how they managed to fudge that up so bad? Even their cheaper models aren't that cheap.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I would never buy an Everex and OCZ's won't power a decent video card. I like the Antec High Current Gamer series, any of the Corsair GS series, and the XFX PSU's. There are others too.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Well I own several PSUs and I can not say enough good things about Thermaltake. Their Tough Power, Tough Power XT and Tough Power Grand series are about as high quality as it gets.

I also like Cooler Masters Silent Pro Gold series.

I also own a Ultra X4, OCZ Champion Series FATAL1TY series and a generic Antec 500w. All are nice PSUs but none compare to the Thermaltake Tough Power series.

On a side note, I have owned 2 Apevia, 1 Corsair and 2 generic 500w models from newegg. I did not like any of them. These were all back when I knew almost nothing about PSU quality and would only spend like $40 on a PSU. Now I believe you should buy the best PSU you can afford and if you have to, save up for an extra week or 3 to compensate for the extra cash going into the PSU.

I have 3 PSU reviews coming up, Slaveofconvention has one, and Kayin has another. So keep you eyes on the front page for them in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 02-10-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I will!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    On a side note, I have owned 2 Apevia, 1 Corsair and 2 generic 500w models from newegg. I did not like any of them.
    Apevia/Aspire are crap - not as bad (read: fire-prone) as Deer (L&C, Allied...) or Powmax, but certainly nothing I'd run a modern system on. What model Corsair did you have, though?

Thermaltake used to largely be shiny junk, but they've really stepped up their game from the Toughpower lineup on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Really? Where? Not challenging your word, I just have honestly never seen a bad review of a Corsair PSU.
    I saw one that I think was here, but I can't seem to find it. The guy was going on about how big a piece of crap it was. It was a video review, but I can't find it at all.