Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Ideas: Water Bottles

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Need Ideas: Water Bottles

Stop buying them. Get a few reusable, washable water bottles and a Brita filter type deal. Tap water in, filtered water out. You save money rather than buying a case per week or w/e, and you get to save the environment, too! I stopped buying them because I realized that they just end up in landfills.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

I agree with ty. I go the ghetto route. 32oz gatorade bottles. I have 3. One comes with me to work, 2 stay in the fridge filled with water from a pur water filter. Much cheaper than bottled water and easy too.
    Plus bottled water doesn't have enough water. I drink it far too quickly and have to go get more or do without. With 32oz, it's not nearly as big of a deal.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I'm waiting for the day that VitaminWater comes out in either gallon or so jugs or a powdered mix, I'm sick of buying 'em individually by the bottle.

Alternate layers of cement/water bottle/cement until you've built a house.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moon111 View Post
    Alternate layers of cement/water bottle/cement until you've built a house.
    Well, you could always build an Island! :p

I'd just recycle the ones you have, stop buying them on a regular basis and then buy a water filter. You can take the money you save to either buy or put towards a good water filter.

That or you can just recycle them continuously. Find a company that reuses the plastics, not just dumps them in a land fill or something.

Another idea, if your artistic at all, well there you go. You have plenty of material to work with, I'm sure you could put them to good use. Maybe you'll become famous for using recycled water bottles as your art medium. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Anodized

Lets see I agree with buying a water bottle and something to filter your water to save you from having to buy so many bottles of water.

Now with the bottles you do have .

You could make some cool reusable bottle rockets that use compressed air from an air pump and a little bit of water to launch into the air....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_rocket

You could line them up in rows and fill them with computer coolant and make some nifty res with tubes going in/ouot each bottle.

Last idea, recycle them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree View Post
    Refill them and re-use them. Save your money.
    Agreed.... or I like the recycle option!

Fresh Paint

of course you could always build a floating island
    but you wouldnt be the first

http://spluch.blogspot.com/2007/10/spiral-island.html

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I'm waiting for the day that VitaminWater comes out in either gallon or so jugs or a powdered mix, I'm sick of buying 'em individually by the bottle.
    I know this is kinda off topic but Propel comes in powdered form. And I think it tastes better.

Back on topic:
    There isn't a whole lot you could do with water bottles as far as case mods go. I was trying to think of something too because I have a disease where I have to drink all the time and a water bottle is always with me. All I could think of, which was already suggested, is a water cooling reservoir mounted on the side of the case. That only makes use of one bottle though.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I like VitaminWater more... but that's just me, lol.