Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron + Rich Saudi Arabian Guy = SWEET

Default Re: Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    Not entirely true.
    Chassis is built in England.
    Engines, and the finish of the entire car is built in the USA.
    In addition, all other components, are built, engineered, and manufactured in the USA.

So, in recollection, your comment is completely wrong.
    I am sorry for the comment about "To save your life" but in responce to the Ford GT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gear, and inline with what Ford toild them
    It's billed as the first American supercar, but that's stretching things a bit. I mean, the gearbox is from Ricardo. The body was worked on by Mayflower. The steering rack comes from an Aston Martin Vanquish. Lotus helped out with the chassis. The wheels are from BBS. The brakes are from Brembo. Doesn't sound very American to me.
    http://www.topgear.com/drives/B4/XX/...sts/01/02.html
    And wow, come to think of it, it saved ALL your lives over in Europe. All the lives in Planet Earth!
    I don’t know if you’re aware of a little thing called World War II, where TEAM AMERICA, **** YEAH! had to come save the mother****ing world!!!!

It’s called the Jeep Willys… wiki it up some time.
    Asshat.
    Yes the jeap was the most used car in WWII.

BTW: I’m a Volvo freak.
    Likewise,
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/feature.jsp?id=1073
    In the Focus ST, that bark comes from a turbocharged 2.5-litre five-cylinder Volvo engine, tuned by Ford's TeamRS to a substantial 221bhp.
    Look at it this way… An ATOM, is a nice coffin on wheels.
    I'll give you that, it is a accident waiting to happen, 20MPH and your dead.

and as for my english, I am english, dyslexic, and have trouble spelliong, i CBA to spend hald an hour spell checking my posts.

I think this one is correct,

------------------------
    I agree, i think the old skyline looks SOOOO much nicer than the new one, it looks to short, bonet it too shallow.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron + Rich Saudi Arabian Guy = SWEET

someone help me !!!

my video card died yesterday, and i have to use an antique "Trident Video Accelerator 9440"

the max rezolution is 640x480,and i cant read or post anything, it distorts everything

can someone help me with some drivers for it, it might work a bit better with some proper drivers

PS: did i mention its PCI

LOUD AND PROUD !

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Umm, i dont know if you couldnt see but why did you post that here?

Anyways Im sorry but I cant find any drivers fer yer gfx card, good luck w/ that...

tinfoil-underwear

Default Re: Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    I am sorry for the comment about "To save your life" but in responce to the Ford GT:
    Thanks for the appology.

As to the Ford... I still stand by that it's american... although it has various parts from all over.

Cool thing you're a Volvo fan.
    Own any?
    My baby is a 1980 242 GT... in the midst of a engine transplant ('96 Chevy LT1 + Tremec T56).

and as for my english, I am english, dyslexic, and have trouble spelliong, i CBA to spend hald an hour spell checking my posts.
    I didn't know that, and it wasn't my intention to make you feel bad.
    If I did, I appologize.
    I can't judge you in that.
    Once I was 'diagnosed' with dyslexia my self, but I didn't pay attention to it, and plowed on through.
    I didn't research, so I can't comment on it.
    Thank you for putting the effort to write better posts... it's appreciated.

I agree, i think the old skyline looks SOOOO much nicer than the new one, it looks to short, bonet it too shallow.
    Same opinion.
    I'm not crazy 'bout the Skyline... but the 'older' one does look better to my eyes.

Peace XcOM.
    Have a good day.

-AJ@PR
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

Overclocked

face it, the three sects of cars are as unique to the part of the world they come from.

Japanese: Light usually high rpm, 4 cylinder cars. Meant for ricing out and street racing. The japanese also have a weird fascination with cube cars. toyota is also the leader in kaizen, or lean manufacturing and make some nice cars and trucks.

Europe: (yes, I am lumping you guys together) you build for safety, and lack of it. For example, VW is a very safe car. not a lot of power and great features. while a lotus is a freaking rocket. nobody wants it to explode, but sometimes...

America: Workhorses, I'm going into the realm of trucks and jeeps here. We also have heavy cars with tons of unsophisticated horsepower wrapped in a package that doesn't like taking corners. While Bugatti makes 300 veyrons, we have an entire city devoted to making cars (Detroit motor city). we know our stuff, we have been making our stuff better since the 1900's. what we don't have is billionaires that take risks. less eccentric vehicles are made because of it. however, we do have some like Mike Leeds who have very little case (comparatively) and make beautiful machines as well as mistakes.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    tons of unsophisticated horsepower wrapped in a package that doesn't like taking corners.
    That's because you don't have corners out there, do you?

Many moons ago, I was in Florida driving a rented Cadillac. This had 'active suspension'. This was in the days when the Williams F1 had active suspension, and was winning all the races.
    So, I thought I'd see what this active suspension could do...

Coming off a freeway, into a 270° sliproad, I took it without slowing down. The car leaned, then corrected itself after about two seconds. Two Seconds!
    As I straightened up, it continued this compensation, causing it to roll the other way, then it settled back to normal after another two seconds...

It felt terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    I actually prefer to old looking Skyline. I just think it looks better. There is no denying the new one is curvy and sexyness but the old one just has some charm to it.

Yeah, I like older Skylines too.

That's the 2000GT-X. From the '70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    The Skyline is very much a badass prod car. Nissans are awesome. My truck has the same 6 cyl VQ35 engine as the Skyline and 350Z (although the Skyline has the upgraded twin turbo VQ35DE )--for an SUV it has lots of balls, even moreso than some V8's.. Also, it's Ward's top 10 engine of the year for 13 years straight. They know engines.
    Nissan makes wonderful cars that achieve great things. The VQ series engines (mainly the VQ35DE and VQ35DETT) are great engines with oodles of torque. I got to ride in a top of the line 350z, and it took off like nobody's business.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

(about the crashed Veyron)
    Quote Originally Posted by GT40_GearHead View Post
    my heart broke when i saw that pic a few days ago !
    the ugly bug was dead

I always feel sad when i see a nice car totaled

Wanna buy a part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Austral Alien

The Skyline is very much a badass prod car. Nissans are awesome. My truck has the same 6 cyl VQ35 engine as the Skyline and 350Z (although the Skyline has the upgraded twin turbo VQ35DE )--for an SUV it has lots of balls, even moreso than some V8's.. Also, it's Ward's top 10 engine of the year for 13 years straight. They know engines.
    From all I've read and seen, the Skyline has a different engine to the 350Z. The Skylines use the RB series in line 6's and the 350Z's engine is the VQ series of V6 engines.
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Nissan makes wonderful cars that achieve great things. The VQ series engines (mainly the VQ35DE and VQ35DETT) are great engines with oodles of torque. I got to ride in a top of the line 350z, and it took off like nobody's business.

Yah the 253 HP VQ35DE (with K&N cold air intake) in my Pathfinder makes for quite some pulling power. I have to remind myself to go easy on the gas when at the lights. I love the look on people's faces when they try to pass on the right--Nissan def put some muscle in the old grocery-getter!
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 03-18-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.