Thread: the log out button does not log me out

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default the log out button does not log me out

2 glitches so far for me 1st one was when i was trying to sign up, the register button was not doing anything but found a way round it, can't remember what i did.

the log out button does not log me out so it looks like i'm logged in when i'm not, any idea why this is and does anyone else have the same thing?

Default Re: the log out button does not log me out

There's a bug in the logout script that we know off. However, to my knowledge it does log you out, even if for a while you don't see it. If you haven't completely cleared your cache give that a try and see if behaviour changes.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

when you click logout it comes up with an error, and a link to follow, click that link and it will clear the cookie

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    when you click logout it comes up with an error, and a link to follow, click that link and it will clear the cookie
    just tried clicking the log out button below my user name, it changes shade of blue when clicked on but gives no error or link, it reacts when rolled over and click but nothing happens.
    even when i have closed my browser and clear my internet cache and all and browse back to 1 of my posts it has it confirmed as me being online but i guess it does'nt really matter.

Are we talking about the list at the top of the forums, or are you able to act as if you were fully signed in? If it's the list at the top of the forum, don't worry too much. VBulletin's 'who's online' list is notoriously buggy.

-Dave

if i follow the logout link, i can't access the staff forums anymore, so im logged out completly,

and the members list can be upto 15min out of date

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Are we talking about the list at the top of the forums, or are you able to act as if you were fully signed in? If it's the list at the top of the forum, don't worry too much. VBulletin's 'who's online' list is notoriously buggy.

-Dave
    hi , not able to act as if fully signed in once i clear my cache, just the list at the top and on any thread or post i started or replied to shows green, but i suppose it would if i'm in the list at the top and the 15min out of date makes sense so no worrys

No problem, glad we could clear it up. It is possible for someone to be stuck logged in, although it has only ever happened once before in a very old version of VBulletin...can't remember for the life of me how that worked, but I remember there was a button somewhere to log a person out.

Which, on reflection, seems highly unlikely. Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be.

-Dave