Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for an upgrade!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Time for an upgrade!

So I've been browsing around for a new monitor and I ended up stumbling across this one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236007

Haven't bought it yet, still waiting for my paycheck this friday. But looks pretty good right?

[excited that I actually have money to spend on things I don't NEED for once.]
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Time for an upgrade!

If you can afford it (and it fits on your desk), can I recommend this one?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236028
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    If you can afford it (and it fits on your desk), can I recommend this one?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236028
    Thats actually a pretty nice monitor, and I could probably fork up the extra money for it, but it doesn't have all the connections that I want like the one I listed, which is my main selling point because I wanted both a larger computer monitor as well as a flat panel TV. Granted, it doesn't have a coaxial cable input, but thats okay because I never watch TV anyways except online. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

I think that looks nice. I'm looking for a 22" but my wife has seen ads for blackfriday and I was thinking there were a few for $60 with a rebate or something insanely cheap. If you want I can have her find me the ad again and I can find links to the ones that'll be on sale and where.

Quote Originally Posted by mittelmeier View Post
    I think that looks nice. I'm looking for a 22" but my wife has seen ads for blackfriday and I was thinking there were a few for $60 with a rebate or something insanely cheap. If you want I can have her find me the ad again and I can find links to the ones that'll be on sale and where.
    Thats okay, thank you for the offer though!

Most likely they won't be what I'm looking for anyways, and I really don't mind the price of the one I'm looking at, spending more just means I'll appreciate it more.

Dude, go for a 22". Wait another 2 weeks if you have to for the extra cash. You'll be much happier. On one of the machines at work I have 2 20" monitors. At home I have a 22". I almost prefer my 22" by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Dude, go for a 22". Wait another 2 weeks if you have to for the extra cash. You'll be much happier. On one of the machines at work I have 2 20" monitors. At home I have a 22". I almost prefer my 22" by itself.
    I would love to have a 22" monitor, that was actually the original size I was looking at when I started browsing around for a replacement, I even looked at a few 24" monitors.

But the only 22" monitor that offers what I am looking for in a monitor is this recertified one...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824113015

Its actually a pretty nice monitor, although I favor the looks of the other one (not really a big deal). But its recertified and its thirty dollars more, which I can afford, but then again, my next pay check goes completely towards rent and bills, so whatever I don't spend this paycheck ($350-ish minus $200 for the monitor) has to last me 4 weeks. It also doesn't have speakers or a line-in for speakers, which I'm going to need.

I'm also looking at a 4GB Creative Zen for work (minus another $100). Listening to music makes the day go by that much quicker and easier and I'm generally in a better mood. I also work harder when I'm happy, not on purpose, I just work harder naturally when I'm happy. (which is pretty much the only reason why my managers are letting me listen to music while I work).

Keep in mind that I've never owned a monitor larger than 17" before. Its what I'm using right now and have been using since forever. Its just some old Dell LCD monitor, nothing even remotely special. So I'm sure I'm going to notice a good bit of difference with a 20" thats more than likely at the very least on par with this one.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Its pretty much why I created this thread. But also, I'm just excited. lol ^_^

Can I suggest a monitor? I have a 07 version of this monitor and I love it still. Although it is missing a HDMI input because they werent standard yet. And the price isnt bad either, and Im sure they will be coming down too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1211587387624

Such things don't bother me since I use an external device (like a DVR) connected upto a TV tuner to use it on my larger screen.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Such things don't bother me since I use an external device (like a DVR) connected upto a TV tuner to use it on my larger screen.
    You know, I actually didn't think about that. Do they make TV Tuner cards for laptops?