Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: elder scrolls V skyrim

Default Re: elder scrolls V skyrim

I was playing it on XBox till 2 AM, but I've got it on Steam too for when my new PC is finished. So far, amazing game. Though I'm going to restart (figured out a couple things and want to go back before I get too far).
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Good news, i killed a random dragon. bad news, my companion died.
    Not dead yet

I like sneaking up with a bow and killing stuff.

PEW PEW ARROWS

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Rumor has it it's only DX9 graphics.
    not a rumor lol

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Was going to wait until i build a new PC that can run this but considering it's gonna be at LEAST a few months before i can even start to buy parts I might just drop 60 to get it now for my xbox.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

I'm enjoying it as well.

Aside from loading times, I don't think you will notice much difference playing on xbox. Side by side, they do not look very different, aside from PC being higher resolution. PC going from Low to Medium is the only time the textures appear to change, going higher only increases things like foliage count, shadows, post processing, etc. Sitting on the couch on a 720p screen, or sitting up close to a PC screen I don't notice a huge difference, nothing game changing anyway. Both look decent enough. I sat and played for an hour trying to get the mouse to feel right to me; tweaking ini's etc. When I couldn't I just reverted to my xbox controller on the PC anyway. Blasphemy, I know.

I think you will enjoy it on either platform. The leveling is far better than Oblivion and the world is very well crafted.

I ended up getting it last night after work. Stayed up till 6:30 am playing it x_x

Loving it so far. Was a bit surprised that you don't have to choose a class this time around but not to bothered by it.
    I'm only at level 2 but combat feels better so far. I spend much less time dieing than I did in Oblivion. I'm loving dual wield. I keep a ranged destruction spell in one hand and my sword in the other.

The entire menu system is much easier to navigate and the changes to the favorites menu were VERY welcome as on the xbox they were a nightmare to get right with the d-pad in Oblivion.

Now if Only I could get the hang of murdering people with out the authorities just "knowing."

Also, FYI: If you walk in to a village and just start slaughtering live stock, everyone will respond negatively. I got excited and killed the first chicken i saw, luckily my save point wasn't to far behind.

lol... damn chickens... i had the same issue. i'm a archer mage.. lots of fun... long range bow with shortrange dual fire spells... i kill dragons by finding a rock and using lots of healing spells.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    lol... damn chickens... i had the same issue. i'm a archer mage.. lots of fun... long range bow with shortrange dual fire spells... i kill dragons by finding a rock and using lots of healing spells.
    I only killed one dragon and found that my fire spell / sword combo wasn't that effective because the dragon could throw fire farther than me. I ended up pulling out the bow. I enjoy that they upgraded the animations for the spells. The flames spell looks spectacular. Much better than Oblivion which was just different colored orbs.

I just remembered, as far as killing animals. I was on top of a tower and saw a bird flying over head so I zapped it with my flames spell. It froze in mid air then started spinning out of control up in to the atmosphere. It was funny.
    I also killed a cow (though it was actually a bull -_-) and it put up ZERO fight. It just took it.

I wish I could call off work.

Just use your unrelenting force shout and run up to the dragon, spark does very good dps on dragons as does flame
    Not dead yet