Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Security

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Maximum Security

More pics

The RFID reader from Trossen Robotics

The 2 bottles of paint from Auto Air Colors.

I also figured out a mounting for the 140mm rad. It was too big for the inside of the case and I thought putting it on the outside wouldn't look good. However after some trial and error I found that I can use the outer shell from an old 140mm fan as a spacer. The only other issue is that the barbs don't line up with the holes in the case, but that's a small hurdle. So the fan will be on the inside of the case with the rad and spacer on the outside. Alternatively I could just mount the fan to the rad and have them both on the outside of the case. Thoughts?

where did you buy those atx plugs? just curious. awesome gear sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    More pics

If you decide to keep the rad there, you could get 2 of these

and 2 of these

to correct teh alignment. they come in all sizes (bitspower) or you could get just a couple of these.

But personally I think the first option would be the best, but the second one is viable as well

I was actually thinking about a pair of these

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    I was actually thinking about a pair of these

hey great minds think alike after using bitspower barbs in my mod, it would be hard to use anything else.

and thanks to x88x, I've got 4 of them on their way to me

Update time

I got 2 of the 3 windows done. I started with the top mesh part on the side panel (where the headphones hang, above the hotswap bays)

I started by removing the steel mesh, then cutting out the plastic honeycomb mesh underneath with my scroll saw.

Then I cut out a piece from the AC Ryan panel I got. It took a lot of sanding and filing to get the window and the cutout nice and smooth.

MMMM nice fit

And a shot of where it goes on the case. I'm going to have a few components and some lighting behind this window, but I'm keeping the details a secret for now

Then I started on the top panel. I removed the steel mesh like on the side panel...

Then cut out the plastic honeycomb with the scroll saw. I had to do a lot more sanding and filing here than on the side panel. The reason for this is due to how Tt made the plastic parts. On the side I was able to install the window from underneath, so it didn't have to be 100%. Here I need to install the window on the top, and it will rest against a few small parts sticking out, so it needed to be perfect.

I used the steel mesh to trace out a rough line for the window panel.

And the window cut roughly.

And a nice fit This took a LOT of time as the window had to be a lot closer to perfect than the side one did. This window will also have components underneath, and both windows may have some etchings...we'll see on that later on.

Time for another update!

I finally got the case entirely stripped down, minus drilling out the rivets (that's later).

Here's all the hardware I had to remove to get all the plastic off this thing!

I did some measuring and marking on the side panel in preparation for cutting.

Then I tackled the plastic casing that covers that side intake hole. This will also have a window, making for 4 total windows in the case.

Here it is all trimmed out. This took several hours of cutting and sanding with the Dremel and final finish sanding. There were a lot of small tabs and whatnot that needed to be removed. What I'm left with is 2 small ledges on which to mount the window.

I went about making the window the same way as the others. I used the mesh I removed for an outline/guideline. Then I cut it out with the scroll saw and did the finish sanding with the Dremel and belt sander. Here it is in for a test-fit.

Here is the plastic and window sitting on the side panel.

The main thing left to do now is cut out the steel side door and work on component placement and electronics. The tough part is going to be finding the right mounting location for the linear actuator that will open and close the door.

very interesting build mate! Keep it going
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]