Thread: Selling My Custom Made Wall Hanging Computer

Fresh Paint

Default Selling My Custom Made Wall Hanging Computer

Custom Made Computer as Funtional Wall Art PC:

Link to the ad on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291071896381...84.m1555.l2649

Here is a custom computer that I have just finished building. It has taken me about 3 months to work on this project, a lot of time and care has gone into this. This is a computer that is inside of, what is basically, a custom made shadow box/ picture frame. I like the idea of letting the computer components speak for themselves. From the motherboard's complex circuits, to the simple exterior of a HDD, I have always felt it is such a shame to tuck these beautiful parts away into a computer case or worse, ruin them in a gaudy case that still just ends up under a desk. Art, is meant to be hung on a wall for display. And that is exactly the idea that I'm trying to bring to life. This computer has plenty of bite to match it's bark, here is a list of the components of and specifications:

Video Card:
    XFX AMD Radeon HD 7750
    Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 7750
    Video Memory: 1GB GDDR5
    Memory Interface: 128-bit
    Bus: PCI-Express 3.0 x16
    Max. Resolution: 2560 x 1600
    Connectors: DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort

CPU:
    FX-8320 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition
    Frequency: 3.5/4.0GHZ (Base/Overdrive)
    Cores: 8
    Cache: 8/8MB (L2/L3)
    Socket Type: AM3+
    Power Wattage: 125W

RAM:
    G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 RipjawsX Series
    8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Dual channel kit 2x4GB
    1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24)

Hard drive:
    Seagate Barracuda 7200
    1.5 TB
    7200RPM
    SATA 6 Gb/s
    64MB

Power Supply:
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply

This is all running on a clean/fresh install of Windows 8 and will come ready to hang on your wall and plug in your devices just like any other PC. The back of this computer has a built in TV wall mount for easy mounting, and the front/ frame portion of the computer is held in by clips, so you can simply pull it off to access all USB and other plugs. This computer was also designed for long term usage, all components are installed so that they may be replaced or upgraded.

This computer is great for anyone looking to spice up their workstation or gaming area. Or this is a great piece of artwork that has a twist of being a relatively high-end computer. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to message me through e-bay.

Thank you,
    Scott Y.

This video displays how it looks on a wall. There is an LED light strip installed inside this case that comes with a controller and has about 20 different light options as well as several different mode options, such as strobe, fade, and flash, all of which you can change the speed of. It also allows you brighten or dim the lights in the box in case they are too distracting. Keep in mind that it is incredibly hard to get good video of this computer because of the lighting.
    http://youtu.be/lAxg8qdXyZU

Here is a video of the computer setting on a desk displaying one of the lighting modes in better with the rest of the lights on in the room.
    http://youtu.be/fnnlW_h02Dg

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Selling My Custom Made Wall Hanging Computer

2,340$ for 500$ in parts eh?

It's "art". You do not question "art".
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    It's "art". You do not question "art".
    well in that case, buy my 11x14 windmill photograph, its won two photography awards and published in greenpeace's june pamphlet.

current market price is 134,322.19$

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    well in that case, buy my 11x14 windmill photograph, its won two photography awards and published in greenpeace's june pamphlet.

current market price is 134,322.19$
    Haha, well no I understand that not everyone is going to jump all over this. My target market is very limited, and very few people are going to want to spend that kind of money on a computer. I know it's going to be hard to sell, but I believe that someone is going to pay that kind of money for it because of how it looks and how unique it is. And my cost was a little bit higher than $500. But in any case, thanks for the input.

Thank you,
    Scott Y.