Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Security

Overclocked

Default Re: Maximum Security

Watching this, looks very promising, like the security idea, would love to see finger print reader (like notebook ones) controlling a mechanical lock to open the side panel but defo worth keeping an eye on.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Well no fingerprint reader, but I will have an RFID card controlling the side panel lock and opening mechanism The Level 10 GT has a button to press to unlock the side panel, then you can pull it open. I plan on using a servo to control the latch mechanism, and I picked up a small (but effing expensive) Firgelli linear actuator to open and close the door.

Speaking of that, I got the actuator and my performance-pcs order in today, will post pics tonight

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Well no fingerprint reader, but I will have an RFID card controlling the side panel lock and opening mechanism The Level 10 GT has a button to press to unlock the side panel, then you can pull it open. I plan on using a servo to control the latch mechanism, and I picked up a small (but effing expensive) Firgelli linear actuator to open and close the door.

Speaking of that, I got the actuator and my performance-pcs order in today, will post pics tonight
    He he, I have them moments, will update, then real life events creep up and bite your ass lol... it happens, twice in my last build I quoted pics later or tomorrow, then posted them a week later...

all us modders hate that, some real world **** comming in and delaying us

nice plan though, can not wait to see it progress

yea, my father-in-law picked up an early 80's tri-keep 16' bowrider, so I had to go get it for him as he doesn't have a truck lol. will get pics after work tonight

Overclocked

lol, my blind mate (was not always blind) just put his up for sale (here in the UK) he is still keeping his yamaha jet ski and planning to replace the boat with a jet boat... yes his blind, but still is a petrol head so you can imagine the fun shouting slow down turn left ect i have... lol..

His buggy is the funny thing sitting there with a megaphone shouting slow down rofl...

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

ignition key switch from a ATV or snowmobile would be pretty sweet as a power switch.

I like that idea...I may have to find a way to work that in! +rep

OK so I DID get pics taken tonight, just didn't have time to edit them and upload them, will be up tomorrow

Update time!

First some pics of some of the goods:

ATMega8A dev kit from Protostack

96GB SSD from Kingston

6GB DDR3-2000 H2O RAM also from Kingston

Toughpower 1050W PSU from Thermaltake

PWB100 Waterblock also from Thermaltake

Firgelli L12 Linear actuator (50mm stroke, 100:1 gearing) from Trossen Robotics

Koolance 3-way splitters and flow meter

Koolance 3/8" and 1/4" G1/4 fittings

Here you can see a 3/8" fitting and 3 1/4" fittings in each splitter. What this will do is allow me to hook the main 3/8" tubing to the splitter, and have 1/4" lines run to each stick of RAM, then back out into the second splitter, and back into the loop.

Koolance Adapter block with temp sensor

EK waterblock for my XFX 6870

10' Koolance silver 3/8" PVC tubing

U-Channel edge molding

2 black 24-pin connectors and pins

5 3-pin connector sets

Silver Kill Coil

I also got a Black Ice 140mm Radiator, but I need to swap it for a 120mm one as it's too big to fit in the case in the rear 140mm fan spot. I may get creative and try to mount it elsewhere though, we'll see.

I'm still waiting on a 2x120mm radiator and a pump/res combo from Thermaltake as well.

I also got some work done on the case.

I test-fit the motherboard into the case to get an idea of the layout for some of the various components. This is when I found out that the bit 140mm rad I got won't fit.

I also got the lower intake cover, louvers and fan removed. The plan is to put a window in where the fan grill used to be.

Minor update. I got the case pretty much all disassembled. There was a ton of little screws and clips everywhere, and it was neat to see how they held everything together. Next will be finding placement for some of the components.