Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: XSPC Rasa 750 CPU watercooling kit

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Review: XSPC Rasa 750 CPU watercooling kit

I fixed the front page view. Someone removed a break tag.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Nice review BoB. I'm impressed by the temps and price of that kit, even if the block is a bit odd...I'm curious what temps it would get if it were lapped. The pins are odd too..almost looks like they were cut with a wheel. OOC, can you see who the manufacturer of the pump is?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    OOC, can you see who the manufacturer of the pump is?
    I'm looking into this now, more news as it happens.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Well, the best I can find is that they outsource them from "a professional pump factory". No names were forthcoming. I suppose only time will tell how they last, but so far the only complaint I can come up with is noise, and that's only because it's slightly louder than the Swiftech MCP350 I used to have. Overall excellent.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Well, the best I can find is that they outsource them from "a professional pump factory". No names were forthcoming.
    Hmm, that's not exactly encouraging... BTW, the MCP350 is actually a Laing DDC with a Swiftech sticker on it (usually older models, it seems, but still).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    the MCP350 is actually a Laing DDC with a Swiftech sticker on it
    I knew that, and I was hoping the guys at XSPC would throw that same name out there, or at least a name I could research. I don't know, there may be legal constraints involved. Maybe someone familiar with the industry will look at the images in the review and give us an idea.

Can you see any stickers or raised markings on the pump body?
    --Benjamin Franklin

Not with it in place in the system, but I'll have it out this weekend moving it to a new home. I'll check it closely then.

Well, there are no raised markings on it at all, and only two stickers: one is a QC sticker and the other is a "Don't Throw This Away" sticker. The only thing that I can find visually that looks to be an integral part of the pump is the somewhat enigmatic number 1540. I thought at first that was a sticker as well, but after very close examination it looks to be actually printed onto the plastic itself during the manufacturing process.

Is that a clue to any of the more pump-savvy out there?

Just an update. I have recently added two HD4870 video cards to this loop, with EK full-coverage blocks and two additional fans on the radiator in a push/pull configuration. I'm happy to say that even with this much additional heat the CPU temps only peak at 52 under the same stress test above.

Currently the CPU block is directly after both VGA blocks in the loop. I'm sure with a more efficient plumbing setup, maybe putting the radiator before the CPU block but after the VGA blocks, these temps would be even better. My VGA temps are always lower than the CPU temp, which I have never seen before.

I really think this is excellent cooling with the stock 240 radiator, and thought it should be added to the review.