Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Command and Control Center

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

Default Command and Control Center

I have always had the dream of desiging a command and control center. I've got gads of computer parts and displays. I just think it would be very cool to rig them up to display real time data of various things from observation cameras to radar displays to network statistics.

If you were to design your own evil genius control center what would it contain.

Default Re: Command and Control Center

Sharks with frickin laser beams, and it would have to be in the center of a volcano of course. Oh, and it would have a Starbucks in it.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Fresh Paint

I know its not an evil control centre but personally I'd like to something like the bat cave equipped with a supercomputer and a large version of the screen from minority report and a levitating control chair something that would be a cross between the Professor X hover chair and the floating platform from the street fighter film. Location personally a private island i think would be cool equipped with various brutal security measures lol ok so i got a bit carried away

Ok, let's get serious.

100% off the grid. Solar/wind/generators for power, well for water, I would want it to be 100% self contained, and completely free of any need from the outside world. A garden/plantation for food, some chickens/cows for eggs/milk/meat, and preferably a lake for fish and swimming.

Of course, I'd own the entire property around the lake, so no one could mess with it.

Control center for the "compound" (ooohh.. scary) would be underground, in a bomb shelter/bunker, with enough supplies to last indefinitely. Full security fencing around the outside with cameras and breach detection to prevent unauthorized entry.

I would of course have myself a completely silent underground audio room, built to be completely acoustically dead for critical audio listening sessions. Also, a natural amphitheatre on the property for performances.

I would promote it as a secure and private get away for people to come and relax/study/meditate. I would love to host guest speakers from all walks of life, to come and speak about all sorts of topics... from religion, to arts, to music, to politics. Everyone is welcome to attend, the only prerequisite is an open mind, and the willingness to hear other people out, even if you dont agree with what they are saying. I wont invite people to debate or argue, or to preach and convert. Only to share and teach, and let people decide for themselves.

Of course, full wifi coverage for the entire property. A solar powered mesh project would give access everywhere, with only the upfront cost of installation.. power from the sun would run the equipment year round.

Oh, and of course there would be a huge zen garden.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

something like this i guess

Last edited by p0Pe; 05-22-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

HAHAHAHAHHAA.. Pope, you rule.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

ty i know (you wouldnt dare say otherwise! cuz ill send mah evilz army at you)
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

That illustration is classic, reminds me of games we used to make for the Mac Classic...

Personally I've always thought of building one as a sort of Safe Room concept, but crossing the safe-room with control center. First off it would be a sub-basement. I would probably make it accessable via a residential elevator behind a book case hidden door. At the base of the elevator would be a double door system which prevents both doors from being oppened at the same time and only has room for maybe 2 people. In that space would be a three factor ID system which if failed or any bypass attempts are detected the space would be flooded. As a backdoor I would have a crawl tube with a simmilar setup (double doors, but no access pannel) that exited under a large object that would require an explosive charge to move.

The interior would be a comfortable office and bedroom, with attached utility room for power/water. The office would be a magnificient collection of computer displays and monitors to show everything from the operation statistics of the facility, security of the house above, to control screens for what-ever doomsday plan inspired me to use my safe room.

Basically the only way to gain forced entry is to demolish the house and use large excavation equiptment to tear it apart. By which time my self and those with me have used the escape tunnel to hidden transportation near by.

Fresh Paint

Im sure thats the same as the batcave idea...I'll tell you guys what when I win the lottery I'll build one and post the pics up lol

Its been a long time but I sketched out a command center of my own a while back.
    Here <=-