Thread: New 5750 giving me issues

Last Thoughts

Default New 5750 giving me issues

Hey guys,

I'm having a huge problem so far with my new Radeon HD 5750 from XFX. I have Windows 7 64 Bit, 600 Watt PSU with the PCI-E 6 pin Power, 2GB of RAM, Biostar NF4ST-A( Motherboard (NForce 4) with PCI-E X16, and a 1.8Ghz AMD processor. Here's the problem, I have an ATI Radeon x700 that boots up with video flawlessly. But when I tried upgrading to the new 5750, all hell broke loose, and my computer doesn't even beep indicating it posting. Every thing was checked to make sure it was seated properly, and plugged in, the fan on the card spins so its getting power, but the screen is blank showing no sign of signal. If any one has any idea what the cause of this could be please let me know! I'm pretty much desperate for an answer. Thanks and marry Christmas.

Default Re: New 5750 giving me issues

Wow, sounds like my problem. Except I lost display on both my new xfx 5750 and my 3650. poo
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by DuroMentis View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm having a huge problem so far with my new Radeon HD 5750 from XFX. I have Windows 7 64 Bit, 600 Watt PSU with the PCI-E 6 pin Power, 2GB of RAM, Biostar NF4ST-A( Motherboard (NForce 4) with PCI-E X16, and a 1.8Ghz AMD processor. Here's the problem, I have an ATI Radeon x700 that boots up with video flawlessly. But when I tried upgrading to the new 5750, all hell broke loose, and my computer doesn't even beep indicating it posting. Every thing was checked to make sure it was seated properly, and plugged in, the fan on the card spins so its getting power, but the screen is blank showing no sign of signal. If any one has any idea what the cause of this could be please let me know! I'm pretty much desperate for an answer. Thanks and marry Christmas.
    Does the computer bootup when you remove the card? My first thought was that it was the power supply not being able to keep up, but 600W should be plenty for that card. Not to mention that I can't see any graphics card pulling 300W of power being sat idle.

Make sure that all the power cables for the motherboard/processor/everything are all correctly plugged in the right places.
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0

I had a similar problem with my 9800 gt when i was working in my rig, i just used some air duster in the PCI express slot and used a different 6 pin connecter to hook it in, the problem was that one of the clips on the 6pin connecter was weak from being changed and it didnt quite sit in the card correctly. Taking it out and putting it back in, then pushing the cable in a little harder fixed it for me. Good luck

Mine isn't even running up to par. 30 fps in wow. I think defective.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods