Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "tensa sama ke-shi" (Heavenly Chain Computer Case :P)

D'Oh

Default Project "tensa sama ke-shi" (Heavenly Chain Computer Case :P)

Hi everybody,
    I'm starting my new mod here and hopefully, all the experience I gained while I lurked in the shadows and did funky "experiments" will pay itself

This mod is a scratch build with maximum transparency, shadows and blackness . It's based on the anime series Bleach and mainly on the theme of the man character, at it's max power.

Some info can be found on clicky_here
    Some pics from the last episode:

the sword named "tensa zangetsu" (天鎖斬月), but in a whiter/hollow form.. i like it better in this case 'cause it offers more contrast and detail.. than the norma black on black one..

Ichigo's eyes when he gets focused on fighting.. can you say blue leds?

the main "dressing" for the case: black flames with white highlighting? bankai (final release) mode..

another shot.. same idea.. I just love this effect.. tried it with scrap plexi more on this later..

and a white Ichigo, his inner hollow nice idea.. would be nice to paint all the PC's guts in white, but neah.. too risky..

and a small ("accidentally" resized by the server) wallpaper: click_me

Now, time for some pics of the stuff I'll use:

xp 2600+, epox nforce2u mobo, 2x512DDR400+ akasa copper hs, 6800gs/256, akasa fan control, vortex2 hard drive cooler, asus dvd-rw, 2 ac3 fans and a katana 2 cooler..

If you may be wondering how a non-socket A cooler can fit... Well, I do have a dremel, drill and grinder.. and scrap steel and aluminum sooo:

It fits! Perfectly, snuggly, no fear of transport problems 'cause the cooler is mounted with nuts and bolts.. the above mobo and cooler aren't mine, but we did buy 10 katanas and needed only 5... so all PCs in the room got a nice HS now almost... still waiting for my Infinity to come... 4 of them..

The ideas i went trhough up to now are:

flames made of plexi.. sanded.. frosted.. err... looked nice but not quite the effect I was after..

getting closer to what i was looking for.. I made the virtual black flames by painting the inside of the plexi. Just like I'll do in real life..

more than what i wanted.. but most redo it.. custom made to fit a katana cu and I have a katana 2...

more info after i find how to actually pronounce the freakin' name i just invented it was supposed to be the "tensa zangetsu case".. but' this ain't no sword.. now it should be like "tensa <something>"... much better... if any one can help with this.. by any means, please do.. oh, this mod should be completed in about 2 weeks... hopefully...

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Overclocked

Default Re: 天鎖 コンピュータ箱 (Heavenly Chain Computer Case :P)

天鎖様ケーシ
    tensa sama ke-shi
    Master Tensa Case

Pretty sure that is the right kanji for sama, but I'd look it up first anyway.
    日本語ができ増すか。なんえんせにぐらいにほんごをべんきよしはじめますか。

BTW never use Babel fish for translation. I threw my easy sentences in there and It came out with something CRAZY.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Sounds cool man. Though I'm not much of an anime/manga fan myself (only one I really got into was Rurouni Kenshi... 5th grade baby) this should be awesome.

And just a side question. Am I the only one seeing a bunch of ?s instead of (I imagine) Kanji?
    RIP Bucko

Austral Alien

All I see is ????? as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

That's because you guys don't have asian language support installed on your computer. You can do it via the Windows disc. I myself have all languages supported.

^^^ DaJe is correct.

I don't think you actually need the disk though, older versions of windows simply compresses them when you aren't using them and leaves them on the drive. Not sure if this is still true...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Austral Alien

either way, the question marks are just as easy to read as Japanese and make as much sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

D'Oh

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    天鎖様ケーシ
    tensa sama ke-shi
    Master Tensa Case

Pretty sure that is the right kanji for sama, but I'd look it up first anyway.
    日本語ができ増すか。なんえんせにぐらいにほんごをべんきよしはじめますか。

BTW never use Babel fish for translation. I threw my easy sentences in there and It came out with something CRAZY.
    so... you hit the right spot babel fish.. baad..
    this is a pic of the name for those that don't have the language packs.. although I don't have them either, each time I install firefox, I get them

so, any mod care to please change the name of the thread into tensa sama ke-shi?

Back to elaborating ideas:

I wanna use plexi and bend it.. Use 2 pieces to form the main body and the big cover.. smaller pieces will be made for the drive section and maybe for a duct.. my deadline for case design is by Friday, so that I may cut the pieces and do mock-up assemblies and redo/reshape if needed.. and then paint! etch! I have the plexi in sheets of 1 square meter...

Also, I will buy black window tint foil and add it in layers.. to create some kind of transparent flames.. this is optional..

Hmm.. what else.. need white leds? I have 25 blue ones.. but man I'm short on cash after buying stuff for my other rig..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

D'Oh

Default tensa sama ke-shi :)

Soo, name is nice enough to keep: Tensa Sama Ke-Shi And I did manage to come with an idea of what to use for cooling the old xp cpu: the old sonic tower... of course, it didn't fit the way it was.. not visually, not in my opinion... so I committed the ultimate sacrilege in heat sink design and...

..painted it black!

I tested it.. therefore the dust particles caught by the flash.. and it still cools.. to what extent have I marred its cooling capabilities? I shall see later on.. Anyways, I gave away my katana2 cooler for a brand new and big infinity, with 5 pairs of heat pipes.. so, I killed the option of using the Katana for socket A.. someone else will, though

Of course, anyone that knows the cooler I will be using can fit 2 120mm fans will ask themselves how can I fit a 170mm tall cooler in a 140~150 mm case.. Well, I'm gonna let the cooler passive and just allow it to stick out of the case.. Weird, but why not

More update later tonight...

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

If you don't wan't to use the blue use A pair of white 10cm CCFL's. That will set of the black flames perfectly and would work perfectly with Ichigo's inner Hollow issue lol.

Oh and I think Tensa Zangetsu means white moon fang, or is that the attack he uses. I forget haha.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08