Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Infernis

Default Project: Infernis

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while now and planning my first big project. I wanted to make a serious gaming rig, with some video editing capability and as it seems is the goal of most modders ... make it look cool. So, I went through a few initial design ideas, decided to go with something fairly generalized. Tribal, Skulls, and Flames. Black and Red paint scheme. Right now, I'm waiting on a lot of parts, but I wanted to get this up here, to get things organized as I work. Hope you guys enjoy.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Default Re: Project: Infernis

PARTS LIST
    Case: NZXT NEMESIS ELITE BLK Black 1.0 mm ALUMINUM ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Power Supply: XG VORTEC PSVO-600 ATX 600W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, FCC, UR, TUV, and NOM
    Monitor: (x2) SAMSUNG 920N Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 700:1 0.294mm Pixel Pitch
    Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Manchester Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
    Memory: (x4) OCZ 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory
    Video Card: BFG GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual GPU PCI Express
    Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS 7.1 Channel
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250820AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

MISC.
    » SONY Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner
    » Saitek PZ30AU-RED RED 104 Normal Keys 4 Function Keys USB Wired Slim Eclipse Keyboard
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

New Side window, from FrozenCPU.com

The etching on this turned out sick. I'm putting some dark window tinting on the back, and adding some leds to the side to make the design glow.
    The Ghostwheel Project

I've been breaking down the case, I'm mounting a plastic skull to the front door. Which is why I chose this particular case, I think this door will fit well with the tribal work and skull. Here's a couple of pics of the case coming apart, sorry if they're a bit grainy, need a new digi cam.

The Ghostwheel Project

Now, to find a skull. I'm going to try to find one of those plastic skulls they use in Biology labs at school, something like that. I thought since Halloween's coming up, I might have an easier time finding something workable, but so far no real luck.
    The Ghostwheel Project

Here is one for cheap. Jaw moves, skull cap comes off...

http://www.sargentwelch.com/product....l%2C+Budget_E_

or this one is smaller and cheaper;

http://anatomical.com/product.asp?pn=WCPS

Hey thanks Airbozo, I think I might grab that first one. Just need to double check the dimensions first.
    The Ghostwheel Project

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

That case is spiffyness. Good to see some more darker cases after seeing TheGreatSatan care bare computer over in the project gallaries forum.
    Need a sig

I got a surprise at the door this morning:

4 FAN ROSEWILL RFA120L-R RED 120mm RE
    3 FAN FILTER THERMALTAKE|A2374 RTL
    And a blowhole for the top, pre-cut for a pair of the Rosewill fans. I'm using the USB ports, mic/headphone jack from the top part of the case, putting at the front of the case, the display I'll be using in another mod. Time to break out the dremel and get this blow going.
    The Ghostwheel Project

MitaPi

<on topic> dont you just love surprises at the front door!?? </on topic>

<off topic> That is a sweet sig! </off topic>

-Mita