Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Green Ghost

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Default The Green Ghost

The next big project. I'm calling it The Green Ghost cause I can't think of anything cooler.

Ok, I know you guys are starting to think I don't have a real job but I do. I'm just getting really good at managing my time for my hobbies.

I just built my new rig (to test of course). I did this to make sure everything worked before painting. Something tells me TigerDirect frowns upon returns covered in seven coats of paint from Auto Zone.

Everything does work. So that means we start tomorrow. Here are all the before pics. Oh yeah, here are the specs of my new rig for all the hardcore hardware guys:
    • Pentium D 930 3.0 Ghz
    • Shuttle SS30G2 Socket 775 Barebone
    • Logitech diNovo Edge Keyboard
    • EVGA GeForce 7600 GS
    • Corsair CMSS1G-533 1GB PC4200
    • Logitech LX5 Cordless Optical Mouse
    • Ultimate Speaker Sicuro 2.1 RW-360XL Green
    • Maxtor 80GB Serial ATA HD

I just used my old DVD drive and my other backup Maxtor 250gig HDD

Oh yeah and when I said I've gotten better at managing my time. That really just means I have to get this stuff done fast. So hang on. This is gonna be a fast project.

Default Re: The Green Ghost

By the way, I know how ghetto my desk is. No need to point it out. You can see where my priorities lie though. Brand new house, brand new computer, 50$ desk from WalMart. My wife has a huge desk, big surprise.

What you need is to make your own space man. Check out my own project The Integration Project (in the sig) to see my setup.

Go on, you know you want to!

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    By the way, I know how ghetto my desk is. No need to point it out. You can see where my priorities lie though. Brand new house, brand new computer, 50$ desk from WalMart. My wife has a huge desk, big surprise.
    hahaha, I was JUST telling my dad about that being one of his bad habits the other day. He buys all this great crap, then he goes out and buys this desk from like WalMart. You know what happened? He tried getting it through the door and it busted! HA!

The Green Ghost huh? That sounds pretty cool to me! So... what are your plans? lol Why am I asking? I should just wait and watch, you have a tendency to impress me with your skills so far. You can air brush like you've been doing it for years ...you probably have now that I think about it. lol

Oh yeah, my younger brother has those speakers in black. How do you like them? I love em, they got some pretty decent SNR and they can go pretty dang loud too!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Can't wait to see it come together. I know it's gonna be sick.

Thanks.

Heres a concept sketch. I've got the day off, so I'm trying to get everything started between my chores. I'll post some progress pics tonight.

Do I see black and green flames!? SWEETNESS!

I've just been swamped at work. Yeah, yeah you've heard that before. I got the speakers and the case painted black. I got the Candy Green Paint I was waiting on. If the wifey will cut me some slack, I'm hoping to get some of the flame work done tomorrow.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Dude... nice sketch! THAT IS MASTER SKILLAGE! lol Just playing with you, but it does look pretty stinking sweet! Can't wait to see this take off!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

All right, I was able to get a solid 2 1/2hrs in today.

This is where we stand. I got the case done, the front panel done, the subwoofer done,and the speakers done. When I say done I mean painted and clearcoated.

Here are the front speakers.

Here is the front panel of the case.

The next three pics are the case.

Here is the subwoofer.

You can kinda see the speckled color in the black base color also. I used one layer of duplicolor black effects to give the balck some depth also.

Tommorrow I'm hoping to get to the monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

Excuse the slow loading pics. My webhost is being a little slow lately.