Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Shark

Default Re: Project: Shark

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    ooooo! perdy lights
    when i first looked in on this project i really wounderd how you would make this unique with that sort of case but you really got me intreagued keep it up my man.
    I like a challenge .

Anyways, here's the LED stuff I said.

The LEDs I soldered with some much-needed help from my dad. Otherwise, I would have needed to grow a few more arms. **Temporary setup.

Remember those cascading plates from the front? They reminded me of a waterfall. So, I added some nice blue "water". I likes the "waterfalls".

And just for kicks, here it is in the dark.

RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

I am very impressed with this mod man, you are really doing a GREAT job.

Current Mods: The Dark Side
    PLEASE Support The Cause.

^ Soon to be one. Computer-Geek's Avatar

Wow it looks good with the leds!
    - Computer-Geek

Createx airbrush paint. Pearlized blue.

This won't be getting much use for a while, until I get the stuff I'm painting anyways, but it'll get used, and it'll be cool. I promise.
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

This project is looking pretty good so far! You have definitely improved the overall look of the case with that mesh and lighting, very cool looking!

Is pearlized blue the same as pearlescent blue? I LOVE Pearlescent... ANYTHING. haha. It just looks so bad ass, especially in the light. If your using pearlescent, be sure to go to lan parties with plenty of sun! :p

...right... geeks and sun. Does not compute.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    This project is looking pretty good so far! You have definitely improved the overall look of the case with that mesh and lighting, very cool looking!

Is pearlized blue the same as pearlescent blue? I LOVE Pearlescent... ANYTHING. haha. It just looks so bad ass, especially in the light. If your using pearlescent, be sure to go to lan parties with plenty of sun! :p

...right... geeks and sun. Does not compute.
    If by pearlescent you mean it has an odd shimmer to it, then yes, this is that stuff .

Also, I may have lied a little in that last post. It will be seeing some use pretty soon. And here is why. Today I was home alone, with absolutely nothing to do. So I grabbed my paycheck, biked to the bank, biked to a state park close by (not really), took some nature photos, and went to Best Buy. I figured since I got some nice new speakers for this, maybe I should look into a nice new mouse and keyboard setup. So, I found a nice little gem. The Logitech EasyCall Desktop. It's made for wireless internet VoIP but has a very nice keyboard and mouse combo, which is why I got it. I believe it is +$100 on Newegg, and Best Buy had it for $59.99(!) so I had to buy it. It's got a great keyboard with nice media functions, programmable F keys, and VoIP keys (which won't see much use from me..). It also has the wireless MX-600 mouse. Maybe I'll review it sometime. But, I took some pics too.

^^^Picture of the batteries because I like it when companies give you batteries (especially Duracell :p).
    RIP Bucko

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I have that desktop! ...actually, I'm using it right now. lol

Its pretty sweet, the speaker isn't great, but its good enough for calls. The keyboard is one of my favorite keyboards, and the mouse is pretty well built and isn't glitchy at all. As for the headset, burn it, break it, throw it away. Your ears will LOVE you for sparing them the pain of wearing that damned thing. It's not quite big enough on my head either, don't know about yours. lol ...also, the mic isn't great on mine. You have to have it practically IN your mouth for it to work.

Otherwise, it really is a nice little gem of equipment. My younger brother has the same desktop as well and he too says its the best he's had so far in life. ^_^

PSH!! I paid $119.99 at Best Buy for mine! Lucky...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I'm not too worried about the headset/mic/speaker thing, since I'm not using any of them. This was the cheapest thing Best Buy had that was worth my money.

And since it's Logitech, I'm sure it'll last a long time. Now to start painting... (soon anyways, I don't know if I'll have time still tonight...)
    RIP Bucko

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Logitech wireless desktops always seem to break for me . The keyboard ends up dieing but the mouse is perfectly fine. This time I opted for a corded keyboard and wireless mouse (both from Logitech) and haven't had a problem yet.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I am using the same Logitech mouse now that I was when I was in 4th or 5th grade.

Yeah.

And it's wireless.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"