Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Motorized Madness!

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Project: Motorized Madness!

Very Very Cool!

I can't wait to see it all painted and finished. Fantastic work!

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Looks awesome.. I cant say enough good things about this build.

One concern though.. it looks as though the weight of the LCD is causing it to sag a bit.. a bit of extra reinforcement may be needed to keep it supported.
    Yeah, you are correct. the lcd is just too heavy to be stable. The only thing holding it up is the connection at the tilt servo horn. basically its a small 3/16"dia. plastic splined connection. Thats it. I even tried a metal servo and it does the same thing. I'm not sure what else I can do.

Sick work, as always. I do have a question though, about the kit bashing. What models are you using/where you find them? I have a need for some mechanical bits for my current project.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

That is amazing. I can't wait to see the finishing touches.

For the swing action of the LCD. Coud you run a rod all the way through the box and attach a gear to it for the servo to run. I think this would take the weight of the single servo.
    "You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair. " - Ron Burgundy

OMFG that looks soooooo sweet dude

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by Roughhouse View Post
    That is amazing. I can't wait to see the finishing touches.

For the swing action of the LCD. Coud you run a rod all the way through the box and attach a gear to it for the servo to run. I think this would take the weight of the single servo.
    Thats a good suggestion, Like the carbon fiber rods I used on the base tray. They don't flex hardly at all. In order to make that happen, I'd have to redesign the entire thing. the center of the pivot point goes directly through the LCD screen, that way the weight is balanced, and doesn't make the LCD tilt under its own weight when the servos shut off. the other problem would be the width of the unit. I only have enough width before the assembly hits the motherboard standoffs. I left 1/2" of room for the edge. so any more width and It wouldn't fit. I might try and shim the bottom out, that way it counteracts the sag. but I'm not sure if that will work. But thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Sick work, as always. I do have a question though, about the kit bashing. What models are you using/where you find them? I have a need for some mechanical bits for my current project.
    Basically I raided my local Hobby Town for any mechanical looking type kits. Most of the kits I bought were manufactured from AMT. I mostly used Star Wars Kits. The tank kits were way too expensive for the amount I could use, but I"ve used quite a bit of the others.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Really amazing work. What about using the same setup you have except taking those pieces of acrylic and tapping them and using them to anchor your lcd? Maybe thats what you already did. But really awesome work.

Sorry Big, not sure what you mean there. The lcd assembly, the whole thing is attached to the verticle acrylic pieces on the inside of the case. It is sagging at the servo connection between the rotating section and the case the LCD sits in. thanks.

RENDERMANDAN!! The King of Motorized Styrene!!

As everyone else has said. GREAT WORK!!

What I don't understand is why this isn't a FEATURED worklog, or at least it should have some stars next to it or something. Its Fantastic work, and from what I can tell a TBCS exclusive.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Very nice mate, top job.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08