Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just finished up my AP packet...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Just finished up my AP packet...

Well, all the classes they had were more like "make a powerpoint and you've passed the class, for the rest of the time just waste the valuable time here surfing the web" type crap. But oh well, I'm kind of annoyed at everything for the moment, so I'll spare any (more) ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Well, all the classes they had were more like "make a powerpoint and you've passed the class, for the rest of the time just waste the valuable time here surfing the web" type crap. But oh well, I'm kind of annoyed at everything for the moment, so I'll spare any (more) ranting.
    At the school I went to for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, we did that stuff.

Last year during CS1, me and my friend managed to do the entire course, plus all of the extra VB assignments with 3 weeks of school left. So, Flash 5 FTW! If they didn't have Flash on those computers, I would have died.
    RIP Bucko

ATX Mental Case

I'm taking AP american history too.
    It is a lot of work
    amen to that

is never gonna give you up Elenril's Avatar

What's AP?

Click for my dA page

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    Never leave a bright orange case outside. Magpies will attempt to gang rape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenril View Post
    What's AP?
    Advanced Placement
    RIP Bucko

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

I took 4 AP classes in high school. History, English, Calculus, and Physics. In History I got a 2/6. Calculus I got a 3/6. Physics I got a 4/6(enough for college credit). In English I got a whopping 1/6, I think I probably misspelled my own name.

Even if you do well enough to get college credit, your not going to use it anyway. In college your constantly fighting to keep your GPA as high as possible. You do this by acing every easy class you can get away with while struggling through your core classes.

If you use an AP credit your skipping a class that you will probably get an A in. You'll need every A you can get, trust me on this one. Having gone to one of the hardest tech schools in the nation, I now know what hard classes really look like. 1/3 of new college students at big schools flunk out in the alloted semesters, usually 3. Don't put yourself behind the curve by taking credits up front.

Don't get me wrong. Still take the AP exams. It helps to see where you stand.

Is awesome

In my district, we are sort of splitting up the high schools into specialties. Currently, my school is the AP school. I am taking "pre-ap: (just means harder) classes, as the only true AP classes you can take are psych and human geography. Not being interested in either of these, I elected to take Pre-ap classes, do well in them, and inflate my head to only get popped junior year when I start to take REALLY hard classes.

But the school year is young. We will see what happens. Not having any idea of what I want to do go for college for, or even if i want to start my own business or just mope around the parents house until i inherit it, i am going to take some different classes and see what happens.

My current different class- video production. I can't wait, as this seems like an insanely fun class, and who knows, maybe someday quakken will be in showbiz.

On another tangent, we watched a thing about evil teachers unions in reading (no idea why) yesterday. Currently, in some districts, unions are making sure that you can't transfer schools for the better, and that they can't get fired. Making sure you can't transfer schools means that they have a bit of a "monopoly" on the teaching market, so they can afford to be below international school grade teachers without any fear of someone who is doing their job better taking their paycheck.

We also learned that our reading teacher isn't part of the union. Whodathunkit!
    You love my sig.

ATX Mental Case

Aww, my school doesn't even have AP classes, but it is supposed to be amazing cause it features the bull**** class cisco. I took that in grade 11 and I think it is honestly the most corrupted class on earth. Cisco never updates the tests, and they're nearly 4 years old now, so you can get every answer on the internet. I didn't cheat and managed to get a 90%, while dumbasses who cheated ended up with 95% and never even learned what a router is. It's supposed to be a course that spans over grade 11 and 12 (CCNA 1 & 2 in grade 11, and 3 & 4 in grade 12). I think I'll just switch from cisco to biology this year and say screw it to CCNA 3 & 4. Employers must know by now that the certification is in reality worth nothing.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Im definitely not taking AP classes. I'm in Honors Algebra 2 this year (I'm a Junior), but thats about all. The way I figure is: I'll get A's and A+'s in normal and a 4.0+ GPA instead of B's in AP classes and a 3.5+ GPA. Colleges love 4.0's and above...

-Indybird

EDIT: 800 posts!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post

We also learned that our reading teacher isn't part of the union. Whodathunkit!
    Don't get me started on the Teachers Union....

California is _supposed_ to be an open shop state. Yeah you don't have to join the union, but you still have to pay dues....
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...