Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ball of Energy.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Re: Ball of Energy.

Well, until I get an HD video camera to capture my plasma globe for an animated desktop, you'll just have to live with the new TBCS version I made of it...

-Indybird

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Lol, okay. I've been changing it a lot lately, I wonder if there's any way to set up Windows to change it every time you restart the PC or something, that'd be cool.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Lol, okay. I've been changing it a lot lately, I wonder if there's any way to set up Windows to change it every time you restart the PC or something, that'd be cool.
    I am pretty sure i have seen programs that can do that sort of thing for you.
    Id have to look around because i don't know off hand but i seem to remember seeing one that could do what you said, or you could even set particular backgrounds for particular dates. I'll google it now and if i find anything I'll PM it to you.

These wallpapers are nice, I used to have one of those Electric ball things but for whatever reason it faded out. Like it would work, but it was so dim you could barely see it except with the lights off. Even then it was like, the little trails of electricity were so well dispersed that it just wasn't as exciting to look at.

Iv'e always loved those things though. Great work!
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    These wallpapers are nice, I used to have one of those Electric ball things but for whatever reason it faded out. Like it would work, but it was so dim you could barely see it except with the lights off. Even then it was like, the little trails of electricity were so well dispersed that it just wasn't as exciting to look at.!
    I did too, and found that I had to clean the outside of the sphere with rubbing alcohol to keep the trails reaching the glass, otherwise it would just turn into a dull glow until you touched it.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I did too, and found that I had to clean the outside of the sphere with rubbing alcohol to keep the trails reaching the glass, otherwise it would just turn into a dull glow until you touched it.
    actually... that makes alot of sense. Mine was really dusty. Eitherway, its to late now, i don't remember what ever happened to it. Thanks for the tip though, someday i'll have a new one lol.

I got mine @ Ratshack for $20.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Whats ratshack? I've heard of radioshack, but not ratshack. I got mine, when i had one, from kmart. It wasn't anything fancy.