Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye tatooing

Default Eye tatooing

http://www.bizarremag.com/weird_worl...tattooing.html

Just when you think you can no longer be shocked by a body modification, along comes the eyeball tattoo

Yes, the eyeball tattoo. People really are getting their peepers tattooed in more or less the same way that you would get any other part of your body inked.

Along with two of his friends, Pauly Unstoppable and Josh, Shannon Larratt, founder and owner of body-modification website Bmezine.com, had the procedure done about four weeks ago. Although Shannon is heavily modified and said it wasn’t “a big deal”, he did concede to feeling a little trepidation: “I’d much rather a bunch of people had done it before me, but what choice do I have?”

Shannon says they adopted “a really simple, lo-tech approach” to the procedure. His eye was held open, using a forefinger and thumb, as the pigment, which is the exact same type you would use in a regular tattoo, was injected into his eyeball.

“We injected pigment under the top layer of the eye using a syringe, which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been done before, either medically or cosmetically.”

Although that sounds rather dangerous, Shannon is adamant it isn’t: “The eye is very resilient; you can put almost anything in it. Your eye actually is designed to be able to handle contaminants being there.”

And while researching the procedure he found documents dating back to the late 19th century, when it was first offered as a corrective surgery for people with poor sight, and then as a cosmetic practice to change the colour of the eye.

“It’s one of the oldest forms of tattooing,” says Shannon. “There are medical reports on it from that era that are all positive. They basically say it’s safer than regular tattooing. That’s one reason we felt fairly secure moving forward with this – we felt that if they could do it in 1900 and not have any problems then we should be able to do it now.”

And it’s also done on unsighted eyes reasonably often; it’s not uncommon for people who are blind or have various deformities in their iris to have a doctor touch it up with a tattoo.

“But we’re the first three for a very long time that have had it done on sighted eyes, so this is still in the range of a highly experimental procedure, especially with the injection method,” says Shannon, who plans to have more injections done to give the tattoo a more solid appearance, and then
    to have the other eye done as well.

We’ll keep in touch with him and let you know how it works out.

Default Re: Eye tatooing

Somehow i dont think this will catch on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. AWESOME!
    RIP Bucko

Did you see the rest of the pictures on the page? that guy looks like he might be a friend of the guy with the ''Modded'' bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

::Crinnnggg:: ahhh. Thats Psycho Crazyyy!
    So what is the tattoo he got? Some dots on his eyeball with a 5round shader?
    Idiot. I swear.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

oh dear good, :cringe:. Gross.

I deem that rediculous.

-Indybird

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Come near my eyes and I'll do something really unpleasant. I can't see worth a crap without contacts, and I can't stand not seeing... but the whole "needle into the eye" thing is just eerie. Kinda cool in its own right though.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Very cool, glad to see people pushing the limits and going against the norm.

...I'll stick to the norm though thank you very much. lol

Then again, body tattoos were outrageous only so long ago, now they're practically normal and fairly well accepted. Who knows, maybe eye ball modifications will become the new thing some day.

I'll take the glow in the dark blue if you have it please. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I can see it now, a bunch of people walking around at night with glowing eyes

=o

Next thing you know, there will be a whole race of people shaped after WoW races...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"