Thread: I got a new job

Default I got a new job

Yup, I started today. The place is called "East Coast Powder Coat" and it is located here in North East, MD. Its actually an easy and fun job. i just work alone (no more dealing with the public) and take my time and do things as best i can. Today I took the bumpy casting finish off of a cast iron bath-tub. Took about 3.5 hours with a hand grinder but time really did go by quickly. Tomorrow I will be doing a bunch of sand-blasting and help mask stuff off for powder coat.

A small fact i learned today, power coat is actually softer then paint, it never hardens. Its so strong because it can expand and contract with the metal, while paint will end up hardening and cracking. Also, powder coat goes on a lot thicker then paint. 1 coat of powder coat is about 3-4 mm thick or equal to about 10-15 coats of paint.

I guess the job has perks though, I will get to powder coat my next mod.

-danthegeek

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

AP BC Calculus = Headaches

Default Re: I got a new job

congrats man, new jobs are always fun if you enjoy what your doing [sounds like you are]. good luck with your new job
    Intel Pent D 2.66Ghz| 2Gigs| 18x DVD-RW| 200, 40 GB| 550W ATX| Zalman 9500

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Sounds like you'll have a fun time there, btw the shop is only a ~45 min drive from where i live

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    Sounds like you'll have a fun time there, btw the shop is only a ~45 min drive from where i live
    Well hell, where practically neighbors. lol

Its an easy job its just labor oriented. It will pay the bills until i graduate college though.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

that's pretty sweet dude. you sound like you are having a lot of fun. just try to hold yourself aback a bit...so you don't go like powder coat everything. haha
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

Congrats man! That actually sounds like a fun job. Everyone - call Dan for teh powder coat |-|00kUp!

Grats for a new job man! Its always good to enjoy what your doing, and you sound like you are. Can't wait to see a powder coated pc.

Congratulations dude! Hey I drive up to NE MD often, maybe I'll bump into ya some time