Thread: How much for crazy v2 case?!

Default How much for crazy v2 case?!

How much do you think this case is worth?
    Don't consider what the hardware cost, like video cards and hard drives, etc.

Logs:
    http://www.hq-modding.de/phpBB2/view...?t=211&start=0
    Finished:
    - Eluminator Project
    Started:
    - Cutty Sark Project
    - ExtraBlue Project [NEED YOUR HELP AS OF NOW!!!!]

Greco101

Default Re: How much for crazy v2 case?!

Minus hardware, I'd guess around 1000 dollars to the right person. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for it, except only to resell. Great craftsmanship but not even close to my taste.

$3,725 . .Double that if you had it custom made to meet your specs.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Well, taking a quick glimpse through the worklog, I would say somewhere around five grand would be a good price tag for a one of a kind piece of art that doubles as a pc chassis. Looks like it was built specifically to liquid cool too? Neato.

Seems like he built the entire thing from scratch, otherwise it would of been a much lower price tag. Like, he could of bought the "motor" at some craft store or something. That would of lowered the price tag a lot, but it looks to me like he built it all himself from scratch material.

As for how much I would pay for it, if I was ever to buy it that is, I wouldn't pay more than a hundred (Its cool, but not for me). If it were on the market, in production (not one of a kind, probably built by machines), I would say a couple hundred at least. Even Lian Li doesn't have that much detail in their cases imo. If they made it cheaply, then probably around a hundred.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

It's a nice case, but if I had made it, I'd rather show off my work, it's just not really worth buying a PC case for more than like $100... $200 if it's really good. But yeah, I like my simple $50 CoolerMaster one, I don't have to worry so much about it breaking or something. That I'd have in a glass case or something on display or in a padded box in a vault.

Nice freakin' case though. Cool design too.

Yep, I wouldn't want something like that in my room even if 5 grands for a computer case like this wasn't a problem for me. I just posted this topic to discuss, not that I want to buy it =)

Also the red things in two towers move up and down when it is running, so it isn't just a nice model it is a working mechanism! go to this page, on the bottom there is a movie, check it out.

http://www.hq-modding.de/phpBB2/view...=asc&start=120
    Finished:
    - Eluminator Project
    Started:
    - Cutty Sark Project

Greco101

one case I'd love to have is TRIBALOVERKILL's, Blackout. damn that's a sexy case I would pay for.

I also wouldn't mind paying for "Reality Bytes."

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    one case I'd love to have is TRIBALOVERKILL's, Blackout. damn that's a sexy case I would pay for.
    That would make two of us. That thing is a freaking beaut!

I also wouldn't mind having NLM. That case just might be my number one favorite, its a tough call though. Theres so much talent out there, its ridiculous.

I wonder how long it took that dude to build the V2? I wouldn't mind knowing how much he spent either. Any guesses?

I'd say, going off of case material alone, $200-$300 maybe?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

pfffff, much more man. i wold guess ~500 buks
    Finished:
    - Eluminator Project
    Started:
    - Cutty Sark Project