Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Mod: Green Light

Default Re: First Mod: Green Light

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Also that Cooler is on a AMD CPU and I'm using an Intel. Will it still work? The one I have is the retail one that comes with Intel Processors. Its not bad but not great.

EDIT: My friend told me I should just buy a case and do this mod as a side project. What do you guys think?
    Yes the cooler comes with the fixings for just about anything .. I have the baby version 92m fan .. the full size version is with a 120m fan search the forum posts for Noctua and I think you will find posts where I linked to reviews. It way outperformed cheapo watercooling setups and is superquiet (i.e. <20 Dba) and was within a whisker of the thermaltake spawn highly recommends for performance.

ps regarding your friend .. and me ... and anyone else ... I think you have to look inside for the answers.

Hey if you do this case don't bother buying the mouse mat - I think you'd know how to mod one of those lol
    Oh and nice designs, but are you leaving the side entirely blank or putting a symbol on it or even etching it?

i like it! its neat how the whole side panel is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blebbz View Post
    Hey if you do this case don't bother buying the mouse mat. I think you'd know how to mod one of those lol
    i second that. you could get a 3/8" plexiglass sheet and cut out the center and drill holes facing out and put green LED's in them. you could get a usb cable to power it, and even add a cheap usb hub.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blebbz View Post
    Hey if you do this case don't bother buying the mouse mat - I think you'd know how to mod one of those lol
    Oh and nice designs, but are you leaving the side entirely blank or putting a symbol on it or even etching it?
    But it looks UBER sweet!! lol

And yes, I'll post some more angles soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    i like it! its neat how the whole side panel is clear.

i second that. you could get a 3/8" plexiglass sheet and cut out the center and drill holes facing out and put green LED's in them. you could get a usb cable to power it, and even add a cheap usb hub.

Now your getting crazy! Lemme figure out how I'm gonna do the PC, then worry about the mouse pad.

hehe just get a sheet of green plexi and a plain mousemat. Oh and enought LEDs to run off a 5v (USB) line, or baterries.

cut 3 identical pieces of plexi to your desired shape, for the underneath of the mousemat.

on one of them, cut out about 2cm from the inside and squeeze some LEDs in there, with the Line coming out through a gap for the power supply.

Glue the sheets together,and glue the "cut-to smaller shape mousemat" on the top and voila!

If you don't want the sudden increase in height, you could always file/ san a slope in the side what you wrist would be on. Hey if I had the stuff I'd do it. Actually I did but my stupid mother chucked em.

oh and it's not crazy.. it's imaginininininininative

Ill keep that in mind after I get the computer finished. Also I'm almost ready to start a worklog!! All I have left to do is measure a couple of old cases I might use and get going CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thanks again for the help guys,
    Fuga

Ya green theme is cool and all.... but idk. Seems like it needs something more. Any ideas?

going with the nvidia theme maybe the logo etched into the clear side panel? or a black and green theme.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Ya it just seems plain . I kinda wanna do something with like plexi to spice it up or maybe some kind of Battleship/Aircraft Carrier themed. But i love the idea of green