Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Project: Green Light

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Green Light

Fuga, that thing new idea looks great. I dont know what to say about your questions yet, Ill have to go back and re-read it and let you know.
    +Rep

like the Swedish Chef with a Screwdriver gntlkilr's Avatar

Johnson is right, that new idea does look better.

I like th idea of a Walk/Don't Walk light. Heh, maybe a HDD indicator. LOL

"Voltage is like a big lake of milk surrounded by giant chocolate chip cookies. But if the chocolate chip cookies happen to break, the milk coming out is your current."

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Update 18

UPDATE - DREMEL TIME!

So I finally started getting messy with the case. And got to finally break my dremel in

First off here are some things I picked up in the last few days.

Bondo

Spreaders

Dremel blades bits.

Clear pelxi

(Gonna be used for the backing to the tubes in the front.)

So it was like... 9pm when I started cutting lol. I was anxious .

Heres the wiring for the old buttons and led's in the front.

My setup outside

Finished product

Hopefully gonna be able to use this to remount my USB/Firewire ports to the top of the case.

Might be able to use this somewhere... idk

Tomorrow I have class till 10pm so I'll probably finish up my final sketchup model. It will show the tubes and lights installed, the new fan installed in the top of the case, and then USB/Firewire ports mounted. (Probably gonna have to make a bracket though for the mounting... we'll see)

Lemme know what you guys think.

Till then,

-Fuga

Fresh Paint

Nice dremel work, that front panel would probably make a nice side vent panel on another case.

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

Always good updates man. Keep 'em coming.

Nice job so far mate. I have a 900 case as well - they are FANTASTIC cases and I was looking for some inspiration as what to do with it. Even a paint job makes it really come to life. BIG FAN - good work mate! Thinking of a mod to do myself, that front panel is quite hard to work with, since I dont want to get rid of it!!

Default Update 19

UPDATE - FINAL MODEL

So I worked like 5 hours on this model today. Not great but I deff learned a lot doing it. Also I did find a rendering program called IRender which is a Sketchup Plugin. Link Also I have been talking to Dark~3nergy and he told me of a program that is free to use to render. The one he told me is Kerkythea 2008 and I found another called Blender. Hope they help someone.

Here are the pics that I rendered.

Not great but its a good start for me.

Tonight I'm going to start the measurements for the front plexi and make the markings to drill for the tubes. I also ordered 100 LEDs from www.ledshoppe.com and my 3 colors of transparent pelxi from www.estreetplastics.com. I bought enough of each so I can experiment because I've never done it before. So I'll be able to get some practice in. So might be another update tonight or tomorrow

Oh almost forgot!! I will be mounting the extra 80mm fan I have to the top of the case to be a vent. I'll make a pic of my airflow sometime soon. But I do need help... I have NO idea of what kind of fan grill to put on it. And I don't have the resources to make my own. Any suggestions? (Exact grill suggestions would be appreciated)
    @Big
    Thanks dude. Glad to know your watching

@Remexx
    Thanks. My first time cutting with it :O
    @Talon
    LOL you caught me in the middle of doing an update. I will probably never do anything to my Antec 900 case cuz it is way to sexy the way it is. But thanks for watching!

Till then,

-Fuga

Isnt that the front panel to the Antec oh wait....... I meant 1080 not the 900. sigh The Antec 1080 is the case I was talking about

Green Light is a Chieftec case. My other computer with the Quad/8800 in it is the 900

Maybe its called something different here, but that front panel and the case for that matter is called the Antec 1080 server case - its been at least 4 years since i got that case lol bloody americans, calling things by different names lol