Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I get out of this madhouse?

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

Default Re: How do I get out of this madhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by rendermandan View Post
    The grass is always greener...
    That is true.

Anyway, I'm planning to move to Sweden.
    (No offence to the Aussies, Yanks and Canuckistanis. :p)

I'm going through an 'Introduction to Swedish' book, and I'm typing on a Swedish layout keyboard. I have to say, it's interesting. I like a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix666 View Post
    Canuckistanis
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!! I love it!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sweeden=Bittorrent paradise!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

I didn't know I can put a custom title Dilphat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calumc View Post
    Sweeden=Bittorrent paradise!!!
    haha wow.
    Do origami to calm yourself when something doesn't make sense or fit! haha, if all else fails get the paper you folded and burn it for no apparent reason.

Resident Alcoholic

Anyone from Great Britain who thinks their country is screwed up, needs to take a serious look at the world around them.

If you don't want to live here because it's too 'OTT' for you, perhaps you could swap places with someone from somalia right now? Perhaps someone from calcutta? from North Korea? from rural Russia? from Iraq?

Quit worrying about what you don't have, and the relatively minor problems in government and wake up to the fact that in comparison to the rest of the world you are EXTREMELY lucky to have the luxury of living in the UK.

H

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onelegout View Post
    Anyone from Great Britain who thinks their country is screwed up, needs to take a serious look at the world around them.

If you don't want to live here because it's too 'OTT' for you, perhaps you could swap places with someone from somalia right now? Perhaps someone from calcutta? from North Korea? from rural Russia? from Iraq?

Quit worrying about what you don't have, and the relatively minor problems in government and wake up to the fact that in comparison to the rest of the world you are EXTREMELY lucky to have the luxury of living in the UK.

H
    I understand what you're getting at but, that is not the point of the thread. It's probably very hard for all of those people to do something about their situations. However, Helix has the power to move somewhere and, if that makes him happier, I don't see whats so bad about that.

I don't want to argue or tell you you're wrong but I just thought you were a little harsh.

Neeways, Helix, I don't know what to say. Though Im in the US, I can't particularly recommended it. Here in Michigan my dad hasn't been able to find a solid job for 6 years. Luckily we only have another 1 and 1/4 years before George Bush is outta here, maybe the US will be pretty nice at that point... I've heard (a lot from here) that australia is nice, and from what I've seen and heard, it sounds like a real great place.

-Indybird

Is awesome

Here in the US, the government needs to make a major turning point away from being for themselves for better for the population. Greed is currently in the white house, and stupidity is dancing naked on the roof (but the secret service has it protected)

Ireland looks beautiful from what i've seen, I can guarantee I will vacation there someday, as well as new zealand.

I'm kind of turned off by england. Not sure why.

Switzerland looks like a very good place to live. They speak french there, don't they? or is it german? italian?

Upper california and oregon are verrry nice places to live (but job opportunities don't really... exist) as well as washington and seattle (my family took a vacation on peugeot sound a few years back, and we all LOVED it).

I hope africa improves, for its own sake. If you are reading this on your computer, in your climate controlled house, in a city where your daughter has less then a 50% chance to get raped and get aids, then don't ever consider yourself unlucky. You're better off than half of the world already.

Overall, the grass IS always greener, but sometimes it's really really brown over here.
    You love my sig.

Id like to move to oregon or north shore, BC. Wanna know why? ....THE MOUNTAIN BIKING BABY!!!!

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    I don't want to argue or tell you you're wrong but I just thought you were a little harsh.
    Yeah sorry I was a little harsh - I reread my post and reallised that it seemed like I was personally flaming the OP! I wasn't trying to flame, I was trying to suggest that things really arn't that bad when you look at the rest of the world.

Peace,
    H

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    Switzerland looks like a very good place to live. They speak french there, don't they? or is it german? italian?

Upper california and oregon are verrry nice places to live (but job opportunities don't really... exist) as well as washington and seattle (my family took a vacation on peugeot sound a few years back, and we all LOVED it).
    Sweden = Swedish (Svenska? I've wondered about that)

Upper cali and Oregon ARE extremely wonderful areas, but mostly Oregon. I actually plan on living in Oregon before I seek immigration to some country in the EU (I'm thinking Germany or Sweden). Maybe I'll just move to some Nordic country and enjoy life in my ancestors' homeland.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"