Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: subaru backround

Default subaru backround

im finnally done with my third backround!

i didnt really get the selection down pat yet. also i made the hood black instead of carbon fiber, cuz im not good with the real carbon effect yet.

Default Re: subaru backround

Technicalities:

- The cropping on the tires is a little choppy, otherwise the rest is pretty sharp.
    - There's some reddish color in the top left that keeps grabbing my attention, and pulling it away from the main focus of the image.

+ Good work with the black hood, although I do see a hint of blue just under the scoop. Overall it's impressive.
    + The balance of the image is great. I would leave some space in between the logo and the top of the image.
    + The yellow neons are a nice effect, kudos on the creativity.

Other notes:
    +Rep for Subies! Keep up the good work noopy!

thanks!

and yea, im not really good at the selection tool.s. the reason the top is good but the bottom isnt was because i use majic eraser for the top(the car was originally on a gradient with grey on top fading into black) so the grey erased beutifully. but if i erase the black part with the magic eraser, it would of erased half of the tires too =(

I can dig it. If you haven't already tried it, something that I sometimes do is zoom in about 200% - 400% and then use the selection tool. The results are smoother (rounder) selections when viewed at 100%. Also, if you're using adobe photoshop, while you're clicking with the polygon selection tool, you can press Backspace on your keyboard to undo the last point where you clicked.

Looking better again.

Did you see my reply to your lambo one?

If you want to learn more about selection tools, i have a tutorial HERE it will help you, i promise

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Sorry but i tell the truth as it is, the entire car is pretty choppy, you linked to imageshack wrong, forcing people to "right click>view image" Pretty sure the two round things on the hood (dont know what their called) are supposed to be chrome if the hoods black.
    The background is rather bland, there light from under the car is eww, and your overusing the reflection technique on logo's (you dont have to always do it...)

De-rep me if you want, but im not going to lie to the kid, if you tell him straight up hopefully he will take notice and become better.

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    Sorry but i tell the truth as it is, the entire car is pretty choppy, you linked to imageshack wrong, forcing people to "right click>view image" Pretty sure the two round things on the hood (dont know what their called) are supposed to be chrome if the hoods black.
    The background is rather bland, there light from under the car is eww, and your overusing the reflection technique on logo's (you dont have to always do it...)

De-rep me if you want, but im not going to lie to the kid, if you tell him straight up hopefully he will take notice and become better.
    hmm, its not linked incorrectly to me. are u using firefox or IE?

also ye i know its choppy. first of all, nobody'd perfect. second this is only my third time using Photoshop, and third i self taught myself. im not takin lessons or anything

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Firefox, make sure you use the link like: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7...perwolftl8.jpg

then add your own image tags, see how your sig when you click on it links to imageshack?

now click on this image

doesnt go anywhere.

tbh its not the greatest but he has improved over the last 3 images. If he gets to grips with selection tools it will get better. No one can be perfect first time. He is practising and thats good

My thoughts:

1. It is really choppy. I think you just rushed it. A really good and easy way to get nice renders is go around the entire thing with the eraser, using different sizes for different areas (if it is on a weird background). Then, you'll have a good guide for the rest of it.

2. I really think the hood should have stayed blue. Just MHO.

3. License plate looks awkward.

You seem to like the reflections a lot. In the next piece you do, don't use any. See what you can come up with without the use of reflections. And, the background is very bland.

Keep it up, and don't hesitate to post more.
    RIP Bucko