Thread: Whitened out Case?

Is awesome

Default Whitened out Case?

If you've ever seen a show called "rob and big" you will know that they have great pride in their "murdered out" truck.

If you havn't, Murdered out means that it is completely black, from rims and window tint to emblems and even tail light covers.

What I want to do is take this idea, reverse it and apply it to a computer case.

It would be completetely white on the outside (even the rear IO panel with the surrounding metal.

Instead of a clear window on the side, it would have a sheet of "frosted" acrylic which would add to the ambience of all white.

I want to start with a fresh case for this. I would do it to my current compaq case, but it is pretty much a mini-atx (almost) and would be too small for a venture such as this.

I am torn between a full-atx case and keeping it just the way it is but un-murdering it out, stealthing the diskdrives and everything else, or using a medium-atx and trying to cram everything in there.

At this point, I am also torn between a matte paint job (like the rob and big murdered out truck-seriously. google image search it.) or a shiny one with all the fixins.

Does anyone roll like this now? I would love to see a completed worklog like this. It shouldn't be too hard of a build, either. But then again, that's what I said with "desktopper" which i never actually... got around to finishing.

And more to this wall of text, what case would you people reccommend for this? I don't need anything too flashy, just simple and elegent (i can primer and repaint over any existing colors or finishes).
    You love my sig.

Default Re: Whitened out Case?

Well, I would normally recommend the Cooler Master Centurion 5 but you said
    you wanted a full tower and not a mid tower so thats out... I guess then I
    would have to recommend the CM Cosmos, which no doubt would look awesome
    in white, or the CM Stacker, which is also a big beefy case. I dont have personal
    experience with these cases but they are nice and roomy and beautiful.

I think a nice glossy paint job would be nice for a case like this. I dont really
    think white looks great as a matte finish, but thats just my opinion. Anyways
    good luck with the mod. Hope this helped.

[Insert Clever Saying Here]

Is awesome

Huh. The CM stacker looks pretty nice, but over 300 dollars?

I was looking on newegg, and what about a thermaltake armor?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133154
    I always thought how good this would look in white, and taking all the extra metal out of the window on the side, and having one big frosted plexi window there.

Does anyone have any experience with this case? It's huge, and would look very good on my desk in white with the frosted glass.

Also, If i were to get this I would make a custom face door to it, that would be split in the middle and attached to the current two doors up on front currently.

Huh. I think I need to sketchup this idea. Seems promising.
    You love my sig.

I dont know what you were looking at but the Stacker is definitely not
    300 dollars. Although if you like the armor i think that is a pretty good case.

[Insert Clever Saying Here]

Is awesome

Post Re: Whitened out Case?

Huh. Someone must've marked it up by $150. That's what I get for a random google of it rather than just going to newegg, I suppose.

Well, Here is my sketchup for what I would do to said case (if you like the looks of that case, they're gone. It was too flashy and... blue.)

this is the original case.

This is the overall design.

Here in the front, I would add a styrene piece to the pre-existing front 2 doors. It would be split in the middle, have a metal and black plastic thing line in the middle (all the black that should realistically be on the case). The clear window with the metal on it will be removed and replaced with a piece of solid frosted white plexi.

If I want to liquid cool this, I would add a 120mm fan radiator. Where 1 is pointing is the actual radiator and where 2 is pointing is where the "cold air" intake for it would be. This will be white modders mesh on both the side intake and the entire shell around the rad and the fans on the top side of it. In the rounded part the plumbing for the rad would reside.
    See where the bottom of the front fascia I would build sticks out a bit? That's the vent for the front fan to get air from (so it would be open.)

I may have to revise this design because the PS might be in the way of the air duct to the rad, but I will worry about that when I get to water cooling it (which won't be for a while because I don't have enough money, no my current junk will be placed in this case if I do this until I save up enough money to buy an entire new system, which won't be for a while.

What do you think?
    You love my sig.