Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smash Lab

Default Smash Lab

I am watching this new show "Smash Lab" on the discovery channel and Im not really diigin it. It seems like the crew has no idea what the heck they are doing.

Im sorry, but Ill stick to Mythbusters.

-dan

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Smash Lab

Wow.

I was JUST thinking about posting the same thing today! :p

Smash Lab is absolutely horrible. I am very surprised that it is being aired on the Discovery Channel. I've actually emailed Discovery about it, telling them to at least google "Smash Lab Sucks".

http://smashlab.blogspot.com/2007/12...lab-sucks.html

The comments are kind of funny in that blog. They all, including me, found it by googling "Smash Lab Sucks".
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yeah, to me it seems like a bunch of college preps got together and said, "Dude, lets run cars into stuff. Then we can laugh and give no explanations."

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

They act like geniuses, and talk like geniuses, but have no common sense. Like that arrestor bed, lets drive the cab right over it, but hit the brakes on the bus to make it look like it works even though it doesn't; Brilliant one, Issac Newton!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

You just cant learn anything from this show. Its garbage and I wont be watching it again. So what if they demolish junk. Who cant? Besides, my favorite part of mythbusters was not smashing stuff. Its how they give explanations and actually complete a task.

Sorry, but im p=issed after wasting an hour watching that junk hoping for something good to happen.

-dan

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

They even fail at demolishing stuff if you ask me. Thats practically the whole basis of the show is to demolish stuff. I've seen better material on youtube, and that is the truth sadly.

Well, I wont say anymore. That article I posted sums my feelings up very perfectly.

...I still don't see how you can fail at making things go crash, bang and boom though. Even I have done more exciting things as a kid...

...also I find myself constantly saying things to myself like "why are they doing that?" "Why aren't they doing this?" "etc etc". I'm a better "scientist" than they are! I'M ONLY 20 YEARS OLD WITH NO REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE! lulz!

Boo Discovery Channel, Boo! ...yay Discovery Channel for everything else, yay!
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yep, Smash Lab really, really sucks. It's just an excuse to use dumb people to do dumb things, and use dumb ideas to keep things from breaking.
    RIP Bucko

Can't wait for tomorrow night's Mythbusters. Airplane on a treadmill. (Let's not start that debate here though. Please).

I subscribed to this thread. BigJohnson's Avatar

I like the idea of it. Because its a different premise than Mythbusters. Its taking real things, not speculation. But the people dont really have any personality. And then just spout facts, they didnt really teach anything. I'll probably watch it again. I DVR the show and watch it when nothing else is on. Because that is better than watching people lose weight or get fired from their stupid jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Yep, Smash Lab really, really sucks. It's just an excuse to use dumb people to do dumb things, and use dumb ideas to keep things from breaking.
    And get paid for it, they sound like geniuses to me.